• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2020年4月20日
|Single User||￥442,000 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥494,000 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥780,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The airport passenger boarding bridges market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period, 2020 – 2025.
– Rapid growth in air passenger traffic during the past decade has encouraged the creation of new routes for airlines, which has necessitated the construction of new airports. Mega airport projects, such as Dubai’s Al Maktoum Airport, are underway and scheduled for completion during the forecast period. These airports are so designed to support heavy passenger movement by allowing for multiple simultaneous aircraft takeoff and landing. To support the flow of the passenger traffic between the aircraft and the airport terminal, several passenger boarding bridges would thereby be installed, driving the business prospects of the market players during the forecast period. Thus, the enhanced investments in airport infrastructure are anticipated to drive the growth of the airport passenger boarding bridges market.
– Passenger safety is a primary concern for the aviation authorities. However, due to inadequate training or operational glitches of the sensors installed on the passenger boarding bridges, there have been some incidents that have compromised the safety of passengers and the aircraft on ground. These accidents have primarily been confined to the gate and apron area and have resulted in damaging both the aircraft and the airport infrastructure while disrupting passenger services and raising safety concerns. Accidents caused by passenger boarding bridges are urging the airlines to invest in other safety measures.
– Asia’s rapid growth in the commercial aviation sector has positioned the region as one of fastest-growing in the world. The ongoing procurement of new aircraft and construction of several new airports is urging investments towards airport infrastructure, providing huge opportunities for the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Construction of New Airports and Ongoing Airport Modernization Programs Driving Scope of Installation of Passenger Boarding Bridges
The significant growth in air passenger traffic during the past decade has forced several airports to augment their passenger handling capacities. This has led to several countries investing in new airports and expansion of the existing terminals. Passenger boarding bridges are designed to lead travelers/passengers to and fro the aircraft in a comfortable and safe manner as passengers are not exposed to the weather and noise of the airport. Since the passenger boarding bridges are an extension of the airport terminal itself, they are designed so as to need to blend in perfectly with the environment and the architecture of the terminal. The expansion of airports in major cities with huge passenger traffic has created an opportunity for the manufacturers to introduce and offer their advanced automated PBBs. Countries, like India, the US, China, Philippines, Australia, and the UK have initiated several airport projects that are scheduled for completion during the forecast period. For instance, in August 2018, Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority Board of Commissioners approved the selection of Flintco LLC as the primary contractor for Memphis International Airport’s B Concourse modernization construction and redesign project. The total contract is worth USD 122.58 million. The board also approved a contract with Aero Bridgeworks for new jet bridges that will be a part of the modernization project. The project is expected to be completed in early 2021. Several such projects are underway globally and several more are expected to be initiated during the forecast period, thereby driving market prospects of the active market players.
Asia-Pacific Region to Grow with a High Growth Rate During the Forecast Period
As of 2019, the North American region has the highest market share due to a large number of airports in the US. However, Asia’s rapid growth in the commercial aviation sector has positioned the region as the largest and fastest-growing in the world. The growth in Asia-Pacific is anticipated to remain resilient and the region is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period. Several domestic and international airline operators are planning to initiate their services between popular destination pairs in the Asia-Pacific region, fostering the necessity to modernize the existing airport infrastructure. Moreover, Chinese manufacturers of passenger boarding bridges have been investing significantly towards R&D to develop products to fulfill the aesthetic requirement of airports while adhering to the safety requirements of the aviation agencies. Such developments are envisioned to create a favorable market environment and facilitate the growth of the passenger boarding bridges market in Asia-Pacific during the forecast period.
The passenger boarding bridges market is consolidated in nature and leading market players include Thyssenkrupp AG, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd., ADELTE Group S.L., and FMT Sweden AB, among others. The countries in Asia-Pacific and the Middle-East represent almost 50% of the global future airport infrastructure improvement and development programs and offer lucrative growth opportunities for the market players. Passenger boarding bridge manufacturers are currently looking at these regions to expand their clientele. Strategic acquisitions and partnerships, along with the establishment of manufacturing and production facilities locally, can be helpful for players to establish a foothold in the local and regional markets.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Movable Passenger Boarding Bridge
5.1.2 Fixed Passenger Boarding Bridge
5.2.1 Apron Drive Bridge
5.2.2 Dual Boarding Bridge System
5.2.3 Commuter Bridge
5.2.4 Over-the-wing Bridge
5.2.5 Nose-loader Bridge
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 ADELTE Group S.L.
6.2.2 CIMC Tianda Holdings Co., Ltd.
6.2.3 ThyssenKrupp AG
6.2.4 HÜBNER GmbH & Co. KG
6.2.5 John Bean Technologies
6.2.6 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
6.2.7 ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd.
6.2.8 Airport Equipment
6.2.9 UBS Airport Systems
6.2.10 Vataple Group Ltd
6.2.11 PT Bukaka Teknik Utama Tbk
6.2.12 Ameribridge, Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS