• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2020年4月20日
|Single User||￥442,000 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥494,000 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥780,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Global Feed Carotenoids Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period.
– Carotenoids are responsible for the color of animal skin and are essential for maintaining the health of animals. Since animals are unable to synthesize carotenoids, they must meet their daily nutritional needs from the products ingested. Astaxanthin is the major carotenoid used for the pigmentation of fish muscle, mainly salmons. Beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein increase growth performance of animals and quality of pigmented products.
– Carotenoids are widely used in aquafeed. Various studies have documented the biological and nutritional role of carotenoids in aquatic animals, along with the effect of biotic and abiotic factors on carotenoid transport and retention and final flesh pigmentation. Additionally, optimum color is interpreted by consumers as a primary indicator of quality. Hence, the growth of the aquaculture industry and increased consumption of seafood are promoting the growth of the carotenoids market.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in Aquaculture Feed
The various biological properties of carotenoids has led to their increased usage as an additive in aquaculture feed. Carotenoids are extensively used in the feed for salmon, trout and red porgy, and of shellfish like shrimp and lobster. Carotenoids are important at the larval stage of aquaculture species and fish larvae dramatically increase their survival rate when reared on live feeds containing carotenoids. It has been estimated that by the end of 2021, almost 20% of the global fish and other aquaculture consumption will be based on cultured aquacutlure, as opposed to wild collection. This presents a growing opportunity for development of the Aquaculture Feed Carotenoids Market. The increasing awareness of aquaculture farmers about the requirement for optimum nutrition in their farms is expected to further provide fillip to the growth of the aquaculture segment of the Global Feed Carotenoids Market.
Asia-Pacific Leads the Global Market
Asia-Pacific is the largest consumer of carotenoids as feed additives, as it is the largest market for aquaculture across the world, dominated by China. India and Vietnam are the markets expected to witness the highest growth in the near future, due to the adoption of new scientific methods for farming and rise in the consumption of meat and fish. As animal rearers in the region are becoming increasingly aware about the importance of natural additives in feed instead of synthetic and artificial ingredients, synthetic carotenoids are being replaced with natural ones in feed additives, addressing the issue of health impact on humans and animals, as well as the environment. Synthetic carotenoids sell for USD 250-2,000/kg, whereas natural carotenoids sell for between USD 350-7,500/kg; hence, it is evident that the investment on natural carotenoids is going to boost the market in the region over the forecast period.
The Global Feed Carotenoids Market is moderately consolidated with leading global players occupying significant market shares in the market. Collaborations and agreements with raw materials suppliers and distributors to ensure continuous supply at cheaper costs is the most adopted strategy by the players in the market. The key players in the market are focused on launching effective products at cheaper costs.Expansion of the business and setting up new plant to increase production capacity is another strategy adopted by key players. The major players in the market are BASF SE, Kemin Industries, DSM Animal Nutrition, Behn Mayer Group, and Chr. Hansen, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– Report customization as per the client’s requirements
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.6 Other Types
5.2 Animal Type
5.2.5 Other Animal Types
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 BASF SE
6.3.2 Behn Mayer Group
6.3.3 DSM Animal Nutrition
6.3.4 Kemin Industries
6.3.5 Chr. Hansen
6.3.6 Nutrex NV
6.3.7 Kalsec, Inc.
6.3.8 PHW Group
6.3.9 Allied Biotech Corporation
6.3.10 Koyo Mercantile Co., Ltd.
6.3.11 Novus International, Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES & FUTURE TRENDS