• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2020年4月20日
|Single User||￥548,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥612,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥967,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Glycomics Market is expected to register a CAGR of 13.9% during the forecast period with the increasing research and development activities in relation to glycomes and emerging technology for analysis of glycans and proteomes. Glycans, generally present on the cell surface, plays a very crucial role in the body system. They are responsible for many hereditary diseases and has an important role in cancer development. Erythropoietin is a biological product that is used in anti-viral therapy, has three N-glycans and one O-glycan chain. Furthermore, in 2017, Sciex launched “Fast Glycan Labelling and Analysis Kit”. It saves time and effort for sample preparation, mostly used in the quantitative estimation of N-glycan. Hence, these factors are expected to drive the glycomics market growth. But the high cost of products related to glycomes may obstruct the glycomes market growth.
Key Market Trends
Drug Discovery and Development Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share in the Glycomics Market
– As the burden of chronic diseases is increasing the need for developing new drugs is also increasing. Glycans play a major role in biological processes such as cell-cell interaction and thus have immense importance in drug development. Therefore, often these glycan chains are modified to synthesize drugs. For instance, hyaluronan, a naturally occurring disaccharide unit of glycosaminoglycan has wide applications into medicine. It is used in post-surgical wounds and has an essential part in osteoarthritis treatment.
– Furthermore, glycans have wide applications in vaccine development too. Many of the conjugate vaccines are based upon proteins and glycans. For instance, Prevnar 13 (manufactured by Pfizer, Inc.) used for preventing pneumococcal bacterial infection, is based upon glycans.
– Thus, considering rising research and development the market is expected to witness healthy CAGR over the forecast period.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to be a dominant region in the glycomics market owing to increasing research and development activities and government funding programs. Recently, the National Institute of Health-funded into the research “Computational and Informatics Resources and Tools for Glycoscience Research”. Furthermore, companies are investing heavily in research and development activities which are expected to propel the glycomics market growth. According to Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, in 2018, the pharmaceutical industry spent over USD 79.6 billion on research and development. Thus, it is expected to impact positively on North America’s glycomics market.
The Glycomics Market is fragmented and consists of several major players. Companies are adopting growth strategies in order to develop the glycomics market. For instance, in 2018, Agilent Technologies, Inc. acquired ProZyme, Inc. to expand its product-line into glycome products. ProZyme Inc. is known for its glycobiology products and bioanalytical proteins. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are ThermoFisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Merck KGaA, Bruker, New England Biolabs Inc., Danaher (SCIEX), Takara Bio Inc., Waters Corporation, QA-Bio and Shimadzu Corporation
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Research and Development Activities in Glycomics
4.2.2 Technological Advancements in Products
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent Regulatory Framework
4.4 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.2 Reagents and Kits
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Drug Development
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 ThermoFisher Scientific Inc.
6.1.2 Agilent Technologies Inc.
6.1.3 Merck KGaA
6.1.5 New England Biolabs Inc.
6.1.6 Danaher (SCIEX)
6.1.7 Takara Bio Inc.
6.1.8 Waters Corporation
6.1.10 Shimadzu Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS