• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2020年4月20日
|Single User||￥484,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥541,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥855,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis market studied is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of nearly 9.5%, during the forecast period.
– Certain factors that are driving the market growth include increasing prevalence of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and rising research and development activities.
– Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a rare, but serious lung disease. This leads to a build-up of scar tissue in the lungs, which stiffens the lungs to an extent where they are unable to expand and contract.
– According to the National Institutes of Health, about 100,000 people in the United States have IPF, and approximately 30,000 to 40,000 new cases are found each year. Across the globe, the incidence of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is estimated to be 10.7 cases per 100,000 person-years for males and 7.4 cases per 100,000 person-years for females. The prevalence of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is estimated to be 20 cases per 100,000 persons for males and 13 cases per 100,000 persons for females.
– While it’s hard to pinpoint who exactly gets IPF, one recent studyTrusted Source reported that more American men are diagnosed with the disease than women. Another predictive factor is age. A large number of studies have reported that older age is a common diagnosis factor of IPF. Owing to these factors the market is expected to grow at a steady pace over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Pirfenidone Holds Significant Share in the Global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Market
– Pirfenidone is an antifibrotic compound approved for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Together with nintedanib, the second antifibrotic compound, pirfenidone has received the label of “conditional recommendation for IPF treatment” in the recent update of the ATS/ERS/JRS/ALAT 2015 statement.
– Esbriet is an oral pirfenidone approved for the treatment of IPF and is available in around 40 countries worldwide. Esbriet has Orphan Drug Designation and was approved for use in Europe in 2011 in adults with mild-to-moderate IPF and in the US in people with IPF in October 2014.
– In 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Commission approved the Esbriet 801 mg and 267 mg tablets as new options for administering the medicine for the treatment of IPF.
North America Dominates the Global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Market
– The United States had the most significant share of the idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis market in North America, due to the increasing incidence of the disease, along with the rising geriatric population and smoking habits.
– As per the data published by the American IPF Foundation, the incidence of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) doubled over the decade. An estimated 50,000 people die from IPF in the U.S. each year, more deaths than from breast cancer.
– The afore-mentioned statistic does not include the high percentage of people who are never diagnosed. Scientists agree that the extent of deaths is still not known or defined properly and hence more research is needed.
– Recently the CDC identified a statistically significant cluster of IPF patients diagnosed at a Virginia medical center. Overall, the rising prevalence of the disease is anticipated to drive the market growth across the region.
The global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis market is competitive and consists of a few major players. In February 2020, Roche successfully completed its purchase of Promedior, Inc. along with its entire portfolio of fibrotic disease therapeutics. Companies like Afferent Pharmaceuticals, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cipla Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, FibroGen, Genentech USA, Inc., Jubilant Cadista, Merck & Co., Inc., Prometic Life Sciences, among others, hold the substantial market share in the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Prevalence of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
4.2.2 Rising Research and Development Activities in Fibrotic Diseases
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Unavailability of proper Treatment and Lack of Awareness in Developing Countries
4.4 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Drug Type
5.2 By Mode of Action
5.2.1 Antifibrotic Agents
5.2.2 Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
5.3 By End User
5.3.1 Hospitals and Clinics
5.4.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Afferent Pharmaceuticals
6.1.2 Boehringer Ingelheim
6.1.3 Bristol-Myers Squibb
6.1.4 Cipla Inc.
6.1.5 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
6.1.7 Genentech USA, Inc.
6.1.8 Jubilant Cadista
6.1.9 Merck & Co., Inc.
6.1.10 Prometic Life Sciences
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS