• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2020年4月20日
|Single User||￥484,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥541,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥855,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The oral thin films market studied is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of nearly 8.1%, during the forecast period. Certain factors that are driving the market growth include the rising prevalence of the indicated diseases and advantages associated with the thin films.Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that is characterized by disruptions in thought processes, perceptions, emotional responsiveness, and social interactions. Results from the global burden of the disease study in 2016 indicated that population growth and aging led to an escalating disease burden, which can be ascribed to schizophrenia, globally, especially in the middle-income countries. Globally, an estimated 21 million people are suffering from schizophrenia.
Similarly, the World Health Organization’s disability rating for migraine ranks it as the 19th most common reason for disability. Migraine sufferers use twice the amount of prescription drugs and visit doctors and emergency rooms twice as often as those who do not have the disorder.
The incidence of nausea and motion sickness is also increasing due to several factors including a rise in the number of travelers across the globe and increased incidences of cardiovascular diseases in the geriatric population which majorly cause motion sickness. For instance, according to United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), international tourist arrivals increased by 5.4% in 2018 compared to 2017 and this tendency is expected to continue throughout the forecast period which demands higher requirements for motion sickness treatment globally.
All these factors are expected to drive the growth in demand for oral thin films, all across the globe, over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Sublingual Film holds significant share of the Global Oral Thin Films Market
– Pharmaceutical scientists throughout the world are trying to explore thin films as a novel drug delivery tool. Thin films have been identified as an alternative approach to conventional dosage forms.
– The sublingual route is targeted for the delivery of drug exhibiting high permeability across the mucosa and is utilized for the treatment of acute disorders.
– Tailorable films are also available in the market having characteristics including dissolution rates, adhesion, film thickness, material composition, taste-masking and API absorption rates. Dissolution may be triggered for a specific biological fluid, pH or other condition. Multi-layered product constructions available for optimum bio-availability and stability.
North America Dominates the Global Oral Thin Films Market
– In the North American region, the United States accounted for the largest market share, as a major section of the population is approaching schizophrenia medications therapies, primarily due to hectic lifestyles. Moreover, the country offers highly advanced medical care, for early treatment capabilities, along with the involvement of government in increasing healthcare expenditure. This is driving the growth of the market studied.
– Moreover, according to the Migraine Research Foundation in 2018, migraine is affecting 39 million men, women, and children in the US and 1 billion, worldwide. It is found to be most common between the ages of 25 and 55. Therefore, 12% of the population, including children suffer from migraines.
– Moreover, new product launches and the presence of the key market players are anticipated to fuel the market growth over the forecast period
– Aquestive Therapeutic’s Exservan Oral Film received early-action approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), an orphan disease.
The global oral thin film market is competitive and consists of a few major players. Companies are involved in rapid product development and launch to maximize their market share. For instance, In February 2019, Mylan N.V. has launched Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Film, in the United States and in the same month of 2019, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd also launched the generic version of the Indivior’s Suboxone Sublingual Film in United States.
Companies like Aquestive Therapeutics, Inc., IntelGenx Corp., LTS Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG, NAL Pharma, Novartis AG, Solvay, Mylan NV, ZIM Laboratories Limited, among others, hold the substantial market share in the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Prevalence of the Indicated Diseases
4.2.2 Advantages associated with the Thin Films
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Technical Limitations of Oral Thin Films
4.4 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Sublingual Film
5.1.2 Fast Dissolving Dental/Buccal Film
5.2 By Disease Indication
5.2.3 Opioid Dependence
5.2.4 Nausea & Vomiting
5.3 By Distribution Channel
5.3.1 Hospital Pharmacies
5.3.2 Retail Pharmacies
5.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Aquestive Therapeutics, Inc.
6.1.2 IntelGenx Corp.
6.1.3 LTS Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG
6.1.4 Mylan Inc.
6.1.5 NAL Pharma
6.1.6 Novartis AG
6.1.8 ZIM Laboratories Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS