• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2020年4月20日
|Single User||￥573,750 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥641,250 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,012,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Pleural Effusions Treatment market is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of nearly 4.7%, during the forecast period. Certain factors that are driving the market growth include increasing prevalence of pleural effusions and the noteworthy progress in managing the disease. Pleural effusion refers to the abnormal collection of fluid present in the pleural space, generally resulting from excess fluid production and/or decreased lymphatic absorption. It is the most common manifestation of pleural disease, and its etiologies range in variety from cardiopulmonary disorders and/or systemic inflammatory conditions to malignancy. According to a 2017 report published by the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, approximately 1.5 million pleural effusions are diagnosed in the United States each year. Such factors are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. Moreover, management of pleural effusion including the malignant one continues to evolve with the introduction of tunneled pleural catheters and procedures which combine these along with chemical pleurodesis. Such advances in the therapeutic evaluation of pleural effusions, as well a growing multidisciplinary interest in this field, hold significant opportunities for the market to grow over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Transudative Pleural Effusions Shows Lucrative Opportunity in the Global Pleural Effusions Treatment Market
– Transudative pleural effusion fluid is similar to the fluid one normally has in his/her pleural space. It forms from liquid leaking across normal pleura. This type rarely needs to be drained unless it’s very large. Congestive heart failure is the most common cause of all pleural effusions in developed countries, and accounts for the overwhelming majority of transudative pleural effusions.
– A transudative pleural effusion develops when the systemic factors influencing the formation or absorption of the pleural fluid are altered. The pleural surfaces are not involved by the primary pathologic process. The diagnosis of transudative effusion is simple to establish by examining the characteristics of the pleural fluid.
– Exudative pleural effusion also holds a major share of the market. Malignant pleural effusion (MPE) is an exudative effusion with malignant cells. MPE is a common symptom and accompanying manifestation of metastatic disease.
North America Dominates the Global Pleural Effusions Treatment Market
– North America currently dominates the market and is expected to continue its stronghold over the forecast period. This can be primarily attributed to the increasing prevalence of respiratory diseases, and also the rise in technological advancements as well as the availability of organized healthcare facilities.
– According to American Cancer Society estimates, lung cancer was the deadliest malignancy in the United States in 2018. It is the second most prevalent cancer in men and women and the commonest cause of a malignant pleural effusion (MPE), accounting for approximately 30% of such effusions.
– Most patients with pleural effusion visit a doctor complaining of shortness of breath, which is caused by fluid accumulating in the chest and compressing the lung. Once a malignant pleural effusion is diagnosed, the prognosis is very poor, with patients living only another four months on average.
The global Pleural Effusions Treatment market is competitive and consists of a few major players. Companies like B. Braun Melsungen, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bicakcilar, Biometrix, Cook Medical, Grena, Redax, Rocket Medical, Smith Medical, among others, hold the substantial market share in the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Prevalence of Pleural Effusions
4.2.2 Significant Progress in the Management of Pleural Effusions
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Partial Success Rate of Treatment
4.4 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Disease Type
5.2 By End-User
5.2.2 Ambulatory Clinics
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 B. Braun Melsungen
6.1.2 Becton, Dickinson and Company
6.1.5 Cook Medical
6.1.8 Rocket Medical
6.1.9 Smith Medical
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS