• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2020年3月
|Single User||￥484,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥541,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥855,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The smart display market is expected to register a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period of 2020 – 2025. The rapidly growing demand for smart and connected home products is encouraging the manufacturers in the market to add new functionality, greater reliability, and higher product utilization to their offering. This factor is expected to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
– The retail and hospitality segment is also expected to contribute to the growth of the market, owing to the increased installations of smart signage solutions in an increasing number of malls and shopping centers globally, as well as the increased need to improve the guest experience. Moreover, with the strategies in the industry that are pointed towards attracting more customers, context-aware signage and smart signage is expected to witness increased adoption in the retail industry.
– The advent of smart mirrors in the automobile industry is one of the major factors for the increased demand for smart displays. The increasing demand from the consumers for more comfort during driving and enhanced safety features in the vehicles has created an opportunity for the automakers to offer interactive display panel in the rearview, side-view mirrors and the infotainment systems.
– From January 2018 to May 2019, the number of smart home devices supported by Google Assistant increased from about 1,500 to 30,000. The increase in the number of the smart home devices encouraged other vendors to invest in this technology.
– For instance, in January 2020, Google’s Nest Hub added a brand new media view that allows the users to change the music volume or turn off the TV without having to walk into every room.
– However, the high cost of advanced smart displays and the threat to cybersecurity are the factors expected to hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Residential Segment is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
– The increasing penetration of the Internet of Things is one of the major factors driving the adoption of smart home devices and contributing to the transition of homes (from traditional to a smart one). Thus, the adoption of smart home devices is expected to fuel the demand for smart displays in smart homes.
– Further, according to the Consumer Technology Association, the sales of smart home devices in the United States were 1.3 USD billion and 4.5 USD billion. The increased demand for smart home devices is one of the major factors contributing to the growth of the smart display market.
– In addition, the rapid penetration of the internet in the region, as well as the increasing demand for smart homes are expected to augment the growth of the smart display market. For instance, the total number of IoT devices in 2017 was 2.9 billion. According to Cisco, the number of IoT devices will be about 5 billion by 2022 in North America.
– Moreover, multiple factors, such as the success of smart speakers, contributed to the increased adoption of smart home gadgets. The inceasing availability of various voice assistants, the implementation of AI in multiple smart home devices, and the rapidly increasing demand for the IoT-enabled smart appliances are the factors that are expected to drive the growth of the smart display market
Asia- Pacific to is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
– The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, primarily owing to the increasing production of consumer electronics and the increasing demand for wireless connectivity among multiple devices.
– In addition, the companies in these regions are focusing on product innovation and are launching their products, in order to achieve a competitive advantage in the smart display market.
– For instance, the Chinese tech giant, Xiaomi, is preparing to launch its first smart display, Smart Display Speaker Pro 8, in 2020. With this, the company will be competing with the devices, like the Google Nest Hub, Amazon Echo Show, and Facebook Portal.
– In addition, the companies are trying to expand their geographical presence by launching their products in the Asia-Pacific region. For instance, Amazon launched the ‘Echo Show 5’ in India, in May 2019. With the launch of products in the emerging nations, such as India, companies are also trying to generate a demand for smart display in the region.
The smart display market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of many major players operating in the domestic and in the international markets. The market is moderately concentrated, owing to the presence of major companies that have a global presence. The demand for advanced features in smart displays is expected to offer opportunities for the growth of the market. This factor is also encouraging new companies to enter the market. The companies are launching new products and are collaborating with other companies to expand their presence. Few recent developments are:
– January 2020 – Google upgraded smart display by adding sticky notes and speed dial card. Smart display sticky “household notes” appear with a signature yellow background that identifies the author, as well as the time and date of its creation.
– September 2019 – Facebook announced that with its products, Portal Mini and Portal TV, it entered the European market. This helped the company to expand its geographical presence.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Demand of Smart Home Devices
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Cost and Limited Set of Vocabulary
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Smart TV
5.1.3 Digital Signage
5.1.4 Interactive Kiosk
5.1.5 Other Product Types
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.4 Sports and Entertainment
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Rest of World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amazon.com Inc.
6.1.2 Google LLC
6.1.3 Facebook Inc.
6.1.4 JBL ( Harman International)
6.1.5 Lenovo Group Limited
6.1.6 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
6.1.7 LG Electronics Inc.
6.1.8 Sharp Corporation
6.1.9 BOE Technology Group Co.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS