• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2018年2月
|Single User（1名様用）||￥442,000 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User（7名様用）||￥468,000 (USD4,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate User||￥910,000 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The global microbiology testing market was valued at USD 4,315.3 million in 2017. The market is estimated to be USD 4,722.2 million in 2018, and it is expected to reach USD 7,410.2 million in 2023, registering a CAGR of 9.4% during 2018-2023 (henceforth referred at as ‘the forecast period’). In 2016, North America and Europe are expected to be the mature markets for clinical microbiology products.
Growing healthcare expenditure
The healthcare spending is increasing day by day and has been maintaining a growing trend over the decades. United States stands for the highest total spending per capita on health approx. USD 9,523. Norway and Switzerland were being the next big spenders on health per capita. As of 2014, the expenditure ranges from a low of 1.8% in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, up to 9.1% in Croatia, Estonia (10.3 %), Cyprus (10.8 %), Latvia (11.2 %) and the Czech Republic (12.3 %). In the United States, ~3% of healthcare expenditures are attributable to laboratory testing. However, there is a focus to replace the traditional methods and improve the automated testing by the increasing focus on the technological advances in microbiology testing methods and equipment, a major share of healthcare spending is going to be in this domain. Furthermore, the improving of the healthcare infrastructure across the emerging markets and growing market demand for advanced molecular diagnostic products also provide opportunities for the players in the microbiology market.
Growing market demand for advanced molecular diagnostic products
The ability of molecular diagnostics to detect any disease at an initial stage of development is expected to create an opportunity for the industry participants to capitalize on in the coming years. Furthermore, the recent developments, which includes integration of diagnostic methods with advanced IT and data analytics to minimize the complexity of assays and further analysis, and the use of nanotechnology for developing the molecular diagnostic products is to increase the efficiency of diagnostic methods and results, are creating the wide range of opportunities in the industry.
On the other hand the factors such as inadequate reimbursements, stringent government regulations, and intense competition among the vendors are expected to hinder the growth rate of microbiology testing market in the coming future.
North America hold the major market
Based on geography, the microbiology testing market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and MEA. North-America held the largest market share in terms of revenue followed by Europe. North America accounts for the highest share among the regions in the global microbiology testing market, due to the presence of a large number of market-focused key players in the region, who are providing wide product portfolios, as well as the demand for high-quality and standardized products and services, which are essential to keep up with the pressure of international standards.
Key Developments in the Market
• January, 2017: Abbott completed the acquisition of St. Jude Medical, making the company a leader in in the medical device arena.
• June, 2017: Bio-Rad launched RT-PCR Assay Kit, for the detection of zika, dengue and chikungunya viruses
• March, 2017: Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra was launched by Cepheid, for better diagnosis of TB in children and people living with HIV.
• Febraury, 2017: Xpert Xpress Flu and Xpert Xpress Flu/RSV by Cepheid were indicated for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, and oncology.
Key players are BIO-RAD LABORATORIES Inc., THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC Inc., ABBOTT LABORATORIES, BECTON DICKINSON, ALERE Inc., ROCHE HOLDING and CEPHEID Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Current and future microbiology testing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.レポート目次
1.1 MARKET DEFINITION
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. KEY INFERENCES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
5.2 PORTER’S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.2.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
5.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF CONSUMERS
5.2.3 THREATS OF NEW ENTRANTS
5.2.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT AND SERVICES
5.2.5 COMPETITIVE RIVALRY WITHIN THE INDUSTRY
6. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
6.1 MARKET DRIVERS
6.1.1 TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS IN MICROBIOLOGY TESTING
6.1.2 RISING INCIDENCE OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND OUTBREAK OF EPIDEMICS
6.1.3 GROWING HEALTHCARE EXPENDITURE
6.1.4 RISING PRIVATE-PUBLIC FUNDING FOR RESEARCH ON INFECTIOUS DISEASES
6.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
6.2.1 LABORATORY REIMBURSEMENT ISSUES
6.2.2 HIGH COST OF MICROBIOLOGY INSTRUMENTS
6.4 KEY CHALLENGES
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 SEGMENTATION-BY APPLICATIONS
7.1.1 PHARMACEUTICAL APPLICATION
7.1.2 DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION
7.1.3 FOOD & BEVERAGE TESTING APPLICATION
7.1.4 ENVIRONMENTAL APPLICATION
7.1.5 COSMETIC APPLICATION
7.2 BY PRODUCT
7.3 SEGMENTATION-BY GEOGRAPHY
7.3.1 NORTH AMERICA
126.96.36.199 UNITED STATES
188.8.131.52 UNITED KINGDOM
184.108.40.206 REST OF EUROPE
220.127.116.11 AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
18.104.22.168 SOUTH KOREA
22.214.171.124 REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
7.3.4 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
126.96.36.199 SOUTH AFRICA
188.8.131.52 REST OF THE MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
7.3.5 SOUTH AMERICA
184.108.40.206 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 MERGERS & ACQUISITION ANALYSIS
8.2 AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
8.3 NEW PRODUCTS LAUNCHES
9. KEY PLAYERS
9.1 BIO-RAD LABORATORIES INC.
9.2 ABBOTT LABORATORIES
9.3 BECTON DICKINSON
9.4 ALERE INC.
9.5 ROCHE HOLDING
9.6 BRUKER CORP
9.7 HOLOGIC CORPORATION
9.8 CEPHEID INC.
9.10 THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET