• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2018年7月27日
|Single User（1名様用）||￥471,750 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User（7名様用）||￥499,500 (USD4,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate User||￥971,250 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The global mixed reality market is expected to record a CAGR of about 70.20%, over the forecast period of 2018-2023. The mixed reality market has been segmented based on device type, into wired head-mounted display device and wireless head-mounted display device. By type of component, the market studied has been segmented into hardware and software. By end-user industry, the market studied has been segmented into healthcare, defense and aerospace, industrial, and gaming and entertainment. The regional landscape of the report includes – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Booming High-end Consumer Electronics Market
The high-end consumer electronics market has witnessed significant growth, over the last few years. In the smartphone market, there is an increasing trend of consumers opting for high-end products that are incorporated with additional features and capabilities, compared to the mid-range or low-end products. With mixed reality expected to replace mobiles and laptops, the technology is projected to become a one-stop device, for entertainment. The mixed reality technology is increasingly in demand, predominantly in the media and entertainment industry. Major companies are incorporating mixed reality with other high-end technologies, with the sole purpose of providing a better, interactive user experience. Further, several consumers have been opting to move toward smart technology, in the foreseeable future. For this to materialize, consumers must rely on high-end electronics, such as smart lights, smart surfaces, etc. Mixed reality technology can play a vital role in this area, by letting one control his/her smart home, via augmented reality.
The Gaming and Entertainment Segment Poised to Witness the Fastest Growth
Technological advancements have enabled major companies in the media and entertainment industry to explore mixed reality, thereby providing a chance to develop an interactive and unique technology. Such developments have opened the door to a completely new world of gaming, as per the preferences of gamers. This technology is being used for recreation, wherein, users can have immersive experiences, while playing the game. The design and implementation of immersive experiences in the field of entertainment, with the aid of mixed reality devices, are expected to boost the market’s growth. Additionally, the increasing adoption and usage of augmented reality, in the development of compatible video games, is also expected to spur the demand for mixed reality devices.
North America Accounts for the Largest Market Share
The United States is one of the largest markets, for the media and entertainment industry. Many major companies that make use of mixed reality are based in the United States; Microsoft HoloLens is a breakthrough in the mixed reality technology. In the near future, mixed reality technology is expected to be implemented in educational institutions, to provide a more visual and interactive experience. The technology is also expected to play a pivotal role in the creation of futuristic smart cities.
Key Recent Developments
• March 2018: A new Windows 10 preview was delivered to the fast ring, incorporated with a few interesting changes, with respect to privacy. Build 17115 (Redstone 4) also offers a few major milestones on ’Windows Mixed Reality’, according to Microsoft. At the top of the list of improvements is a new environment for users, to virtually wander around. In addition to the existing Cliff House, users can experience Skyloft, which offers an impressive city view (as opposed to the former’s ocean outlook). Other important changes have been implemented on the SteamVR front, including the introduction of haptic feedback, for the motion controllers in SteamVR games. In addition, general performance levels have been improved in these games, with Microsoft managing to tune things to use a ‘significantly lower’ amount of video RAM. Microsoft indicated that live video preview in the ‘Mixed Reality Portal’ was also fine-tuned, to run more smoothly. Further, the company has updated its automatic performance settings, to provide an optimized experience for mixed reality addicts.
Major Players: MICROSOFT INC., MAGIC LEAP INC., EON REALITY, CANON TECHNOLOGY, ATHEER INC., META COMPANY, DAQRI LLC, INFINITY AR, SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION, LAYAR B.V. amongst others
Reasons to Purchase This Report
• Growing demand for high-end consumer electronics to act as a driver, in the global market scenario.
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
• Regions expected to witness robust growth, during the forecast period.
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
4.3.1 Penetration of Head Mounted Display (HMD) Devices in Gaming, Sports, and Entertainment Industries
4.3.2 Growing high-end consumer electronics market
4.3.3 Growing penetration of internet connectivity
4.2.1 High Initial Investments
4.2.2 Image Latency Affects the Performance of Mixed Reality Devices
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Device Type
5.1.1 Wired Head Mounted Display Device
5.1.2 Wireless Head Mounted Display Device
5.2 By Type of Component
5.3 By Industry
5.3.2 Defense and Aerospace
5.3.3 Gaming and Entertainment
5.4 By Region
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
6.1 Microsoft Inc.
6.2 Magic Leap Inc.
6.3 Eon Reality
6.4 Canon Technology
6.5 Atheer Inc.
6.6 Meta Company
6.7 Daqri Llc
6.8 Infinity Ar
6.9 Seiko Epson Corporation
6.10 Layar B.V..
*List not Exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future Outlook of Mixed Reality Market