• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2018年3月
|Single User（1名様用）||￥548,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User（7名様用）||￥580,500 (USD4,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate User||￥1,128,750 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
In 2017, the non-destructive testing market was valued at USD 2.11 billion and is expected to reach a value of USD 3.83 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of nearly 10.43% during 2018 – 2023 (the forecast period). The scope of non-destructive testing (NDT) market report includes segmentation on the basis of component, equipment, service, and software. Based the type of testing, the market segmentation includes radiography testing, ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle testing and electromagnetic testing, liquid penetrant testing, visual inspection. Based on the aerospace industry, the scope of the report is limited to manufacturing, maintenance, repair, and overhaul. Moreover, by region, the report covers North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
Growing Passenger Travel a Major Factor Driving the NDT Market in A&D
The collapse of oil prices since 2014 have spurred airline profitability. At the same time, it was widely believed that lower oil prices led to even higher growth in air traffic, as fuel savings translate into lower fares and individuals shift the savings they receive from lower energy costs towards discretionary spending such as leisure travel. Demand for air travel is exponentially increasing.
In fact, over the next 20 years, around 40% of all new aircraft deliveries are expected to be for replacement purposes. However, the extended periods of depressed fuel prices may encourage aircraft operators to defer replacement of fuel-guzzling aircraft, without incurring higher operations costs. The requirement for new aircraft directly influences the non-destructive testing market in its manufacturing industry. Later when the new fleet gets into in-service, it has to go through NDT in regular intervals of time, which is expected to direct trigger to take off in the coming years.
Ultrasonic Testing Is Dominating the Market among Other Testing Techniques
The ultrasonic testing segment in the aerospace industry is expected to grow at a high pace, owing to its usage in sub-surface inspection method. In the aerospace & defense sector, the common sub-surface inspection technique is an ultrasonic testing to locate voids, cracks, and laminations, as well as to inspect welds and measure thickness. Carbon fiber reinforced plastic has become important in the aerospace industry, as an increasing number of military and civilian aircraft designs are being based around the lightweight and high-strength properties of advanced composites. These materials are subjected to cracking, hence, ultrasonic testing is used to ensure the quality of the materials to provide structural integrity. In turbine maintenance, the ultrasonic testing is used to the detect damages that are caused by erosion on the blade surfaces.
North America Undoubtedly the Leader in the Aerospace & Defense Sector
In North America, the United States holds nearly 80% and Canada occupies the rest of the market share. The aerospace industry has occupied the position of a market leader since ages, which has now reached its saturation point. The market share of this end-user industry is slipping toward the Asia Pacific, where China is expected to be a market leader by 2035. Due to growing regional tensions in the Middle East, North Korea, and the South China Sea, the demand for defense products is growing, which may lead to an increase in defense budgets. To conclude, the North American aerospace & defense industry is anticipated to witness a slump in the market share over the coming years.
Key Recent Developments
• November 2017: Olympus Corporation partnered with Librestream and started offering Librestream’s Onsite platform to provide additional functionality to its product portfolio. Using Onsight, Olympus customers in industries, like aerospace, manufacturing, and oil & gas, can share live visuals from remote visual inspection (RVI) and non-destructive testing (NDT) instruments with remote experts for rapid decision making in the field.
• November 2017: Applus advanced its capabilities of the industrial grade UAV drone systems, by acquiring a new state-of-the-art UAV-based LiDAR scanner. It expanded the company’s payload capabilities, which already include various RGB imaging sensors, radiometric infrared, multispectral sensors, gas monitoring, payload delivery, test-sample collection, and haul-line delivery.
• April 2017: Mistras acquired Semiray Inspection Services, which is NDT service provider, based out of Phoenix, Arizona. Semiray operates in the aerospace, military, electronics, and commercial manufacturing industries. The company is NADCAP-accredited and holds approvals from various aerospace manufacturers, like Boeing, General Electric, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, etc. The acquisition strengthened MISTRAS’ presence in the southwestern United States.
• August 2016: Mistras entered a strategic partnership with Safran Aircraft Engines, a Safran Group company, for ten years. It will serve as the primary provider of nondestructive (NDT) and destructive testing (DT) services for the company.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Current and future of NDT market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
• Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Major Players: MISTRAS GROUP, FUJIFILM NDT SYSTEMS, GE MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL, MAGNAFLUX CORPORATION, NIKON METROLOGY, INC., OLYMPUS CORPORATION, SGS GROUP, INTERTEK GROUP PLC, APPLUS SERVICES, SA, YXLON INTERNATIONAL GMBH, TEAM, INC., TÜV RHEINLAND AG, GOULD-BASS CO., AND FLIR SYSTEMS, INC., amongst others
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.レポート目次
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Investments in Aerospace and Defense
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of Technical Workforce
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Model – Industry Attractiveness
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Aerospace & Defense in NDT Market Segmentation – By Technology
6.1 Radiography Testing
6.2 Ultrasonic Testing
6.3 Magnetic Particle Testing and Electromagnetic Testing
6.4 Liquid Penetrant Testing
6.5 Visual Inspection
6.6 Eddy Current
7. Global Aerospace & Defense in NDT Market Segmentation – By Region
7.1 North America
7.4 Latin America
7.5 Middle East & Africa
8. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
8.1 Mistras Group
8.2 Fujifilm NDT Systems
8.3 GE Measurement And Control
8.4 Magnaflux Corporation
8.5 Nikon Metrology, Inc.
8.6 Olympus Corporation
8.7 SGS Group
8.8 Intertek Group PLC
8.9 Applus Services, SA
8.10 Yxlon International GmbH
8.11 Team, Inc.
8.12 Tüv Rheinland AG
8.13 Gould-bass Co.
8.14 FLIR Systems, Inc.
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investor Outlook
10. Future of the Aerospace & Defense in NDT Market