• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2018年2月
|Single User（1名様用）||￥450,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User（7名様用）||￥477,000 (USD4,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate User||￥927,500 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
Merck one of the leading sorbitol manufactures developed directly compressible sorbitol Parteck® SI . The unique particle structure of Parteck® SI gives it distinctive physical properties, making it the perfect excipient for combining many ingredients into one elegant and robust tablet formulation. The market was is expected to reach USD 1.28 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 5.5%, during 2018-2023 during the forecast period.
Growing Demand for Artificial Sweeteners
Sorbitol is majorly used as a sweetener or moisture-stabilizing agent in the production of confectionery, baked goods and chocolate, among many other products. The moisture-stabilizing action of this substance makes it a preferable choice for products that get dry or harden faster, thus, maintaining freshness during storage. Sorbitol can withstand high temperatures and can combine well with other food ingredients such as gelling agents, fats and sugars.
Sorbitol is used to impart taste and sweetness. Increased applications of sorbitol in the food industry has augmented the market of non-calorie sweetener. Due increasing health awareness, and rising sugar prices, which in turn is pushing the manufacturers to reduce the sugar usage. Demand from major countries in the region, like Japan, China, and South Korea is also fueling the sorbitol market.
Food application includes bakery, confectionary, dairy, meat and other processed foods. Chewing gums in confectionary is one of the major segment where sorbitol mostly is used. Sorbitol is certified as GRAS (generally recognized as safe) by the FDA. However, the certification do limits the amount of sorbitol that can be used in food; further, food containing an excess of 50 grams of it must be labeled with: “Excess consumption may have a laxative effect.”
Asia- Pacific is the fastest growing market
Consumption of sorbitol in other countries of the region, like India, Japan and Australia, is expected to grow at a steady rate due to the increasing diabetic and obese population and growing demand from the food and beverage industry. High obesity and diabetes rates in South America region is pushing the awareness and growth of the sugar alcohol products. Sorbitol is expected to perform well in the region. Africa is one of the emerging markets, dominated by the developing countries such as South Africa and Egypt. Although, it is in its nascent stage, it is expected to grow at a faster pace during the forecast period. The global sorbitol market is currently dominated by Cargill, Tate & Lyle Plc., DuPont Danisco etc all together accounting for 47% of the market share. Strong brand loyalty for brands like Cargill, and Tate & Lyle in the emerging countries is the primary reason for these players enjoying a strong foothold in these markets.
• April 2017: Evolva has signed ‘a major collaboration agreement’ with Cargill for the commercialisation of its EverSweet stevia sweetener.
Major Players: AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL FOODS, ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND (ADM), CARGILL, DANISCO, GULSHAN POLYOLS Ltd., INGREDION INCORPORATED, JEECON FOODS Pvt. Ltd., MERCK, ROQUETTE, SPI PHARMA, Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
• Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
• Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
• Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
• Value chain analysis
• Consumer behavior analysis in country level
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206 Expanding Health Problems Due to Consumption of Sugar-Based Products
220.127.116.11 Rising Demand for Low-Calorie Food
18.104.22.168 Stringent Regulatory Environment
22.214.171.124 Side Effects of Sorbitol
3.1.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
188.8.131.52 Bargaining Power of Buyers
184.108.40.206 Threat of New Entrants
220.127.116.11 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
18.104.22.168 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Form
4.1.1 Liquid Sorbitol
4.1.2 Powder/Crystal Sorbitol
4.2 By Function
4.2.2 Bulking Agent
4.2.3 Flavoring Agent
4.3 By Application
4.3.3 Frozen Food
4.3.4 Dietary Suppliments
4.4 By Geography
4.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
4.4.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategy Adopted by Key players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 American International Foods
6.2 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
6.5 Gulshan Polyols Ltd.
6.6 Ingredion Incorporated
6.7 Jeecon Foods Pvt. Ltd.
6.10 SPI Pharma, Inc.
6.12 Tereos Syral