• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月20日
|Single User||￥539,750 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥603,250 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥952,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The global security screening market was valued at USD 7.13 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 9.51 billion by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 5.1% over the forecast period (2021-2026). With the rising terror attack threats at various public and critical infrastructure, security screening plays very critical role, especially for the places such as railways, airports, border checkpoints, government organizations and private sectors, and many others to help reduce and mitigate the associated risk factor.
– Security screening enable the assurance from threat against unethical and unlawful practices and protecting financials and humans. Security screening using various technologies such as X-ray scanners, biometric matching, and metal detectors, that are getting very popular at the security checkpoints for expediting the process.
– The application of security screening has witnessed a positive shift toward a more technologically-advanced approach with the rising demand for enhanced security across the world. Many countries have increased spending on new security equipment and on upping their security measures across its various end-user sectors, further aided by the increasing global demand for homeland security worldwide, which is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
– The aviation industry is expected to hold the largest market share and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period, owing to the robust rise in the number of airports and consequent air passenger traffic. The threat of terrorist attacks and security standards set international authorities, including IATA, ICAO, and ACI are among the two most influential drivers sustaining the market studied.
– Use of e-passport has also gained a traction in recent years. Till date, there are more than 100 countries across world that are issuing e-passport to fast forward the boarding systems. The rise of automated border control has driven the adoption of automated security screening systems. For instance, United Airlines partnered with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) and added over 60 automated security screening lanes across the airport in the United States. TSA also mentioned that, these automated security screening reduced a security screening time by over 30%.
– Moreover, except the sudden disruption linked to COVID19, the international tourism, has been increasing rapidly over the recent years, due to growing middle class expenditure towards travel in the emerging economies. The worldwide revenue accumulation from air travel passengers are forecasted to account USD 581 billion in 2020, as per IATA.
Key Market Trends
Airports to Hold Major Share
– The global aviation industry is observing a significant influx of passengers, and commercial air traffic is on the rise, owing to which airports are increasingly adopting innovative security screening solutions. According to IATA, the revenue of commercial airlines globally in 2018 stood at USD 812 billion and expected to reach USD 872 billion by 2020.
– Moreover, the security coverage across the airport facilities is critical and global spending on enhancing airport security is on the rise; a prominent share of spending is expected to be towards incorporating new technologies in both hardware and software.
– Also, airports across the world are highly regulated and require upgraded technological solutions in screening; with constant developments and upgrades, the demand for screening solutions in this space holds a significant share of the market. For instance, according to Government Accountability Office (GOA) report on Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) screening equipment in 2019, it found that their security screening protocols across the US airports were out of date.
– Apart from passenger screening, the demand for cargo screening is on the rise; vendors are increasingly developing solutions to cater to the growing demand. For instance, in March 2020, Rapiscan System’s ORION series qualified for air cargo screening by TSA; the products come in two variants, baggage & parcel inspection (920DX) and large parcel & small cargo (928DX).
– Besides, airport authorities across the world are mandating the use of new technologies and a particular type of screening products to enhance security; this is expected to further augment the demand over the coming years. For example, the UK has mandated that all major airports across the country install state-of-the-art 3D cabin baggage screening equipment by December 2022. The new CT scanners enable passengers to keep liquids and electrical equipment in their cabin baggage.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
– China is a major hub for air travel across the globe, with almost 238 civil airports in the country, as of 2019. According to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) ‘s 13th Five Year Plan (2016 – 2020), China is anticipated to continue new airport construction including the Beijing Daxing International Airport which is one of the significant new airport under construction and part of its 44 new airport construction projects; Chengdu Tianfu Airport will be the 2nd largest new airport project in China. This gives several companies a market opportunity to sell their airport security equipment and services.
– In India rapid urbanization, population growth, expansion of industries, infrastructure and mass transportation systems are driving the expectations for enhanced safety and security measures specifically in critical national infrastructure sectors such as government research facilities, communication networks, defense establishments, emergency and disaster management systems, ports, critical manufacturing facilities, healthcare facilities, oil refineries, power plants, and mass transportation systems.The security screening market in India consists of different system integrators, local manufacturers, distributors and consultants, and service providers, and the industry is highly fragmented.
– Japan is moving towards establishing itself as a global tourist destination, as well as hosting a significant number of major international events, owing to which an increasing number of passengers are anticipated annually. Japan is known as one of the safest countries in the world, but there is also a growing demand for measures to ensure security and prevent terrorist attacks and increasing standards for safety, with various government bodies issuing new safety and security solutions.
– South Korea leads in the electronics segment, with two electronics giant companies, Samsung and L.G., based in the country. The emerging image technology, such as 4D, may have better opportunities for adoption by such major companies, which are also the market leaders in the segment, for maintaining their position. It is also expected to boost the demand in the R&D phase for the security screening systems in the regional market, especially among the market leaders of the respective industry.
The security screening market is moderately competitive and has gained a competitive edge in the past two decades. The companies in the market are pursuing new technologies such as the development of web-based applications that support higher operational availability of our equipment, reduction in the size of equipment to promote flexibility and mobility.Some of the key development in the market are:
– May 2020 – Leidos completes acquisition of L3Harris Technologies’ Security Detection and Automation Businesses creating a comprehensive, global security and detection portfolio. The acquired businesses provide airport and critical infrastructure screening products, automated tray return systems and other industrial automation products.
– April 2020 – OSI Systems, Inc. had announced that its Security division was awarded an order from its partnering organization. The order valued at approximately USD 14 million to provide comprehensive service and maintenance support for Rapiscan baggage and parcel inspection (BPI) systems.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Upsurge in Terror Activities Across the World
4.2.2 Automation of Screening Processes
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Slower Rate of Penetration of Advanced Systems in Developing Regions
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Security Screening Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
22.214.171.124 Mail and Parcel
126.96.36.199 Cargo and Vehicle Inspection
188.8.131.52 Trace Detection
184.108.40.206 Other Applications
5.2 End User
5.2.2 Ports and Borders
5.2.4 Critical Infrastructure
5.2.5 Other End Users
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Smiths Detection Inc.
6.1.2 L-3 Communications Security and Detection Systems Inc.
6.1.3 OSI Systems Inc.
6.1.4 3DX-Ray Ltd
6.1.5 Teledyne ICm
6.1.6 Analogic Corporation
6.1.7 Nuctech Company Limited
6.1.8 Astrophysics Inc.
6.1.9 CEIA SpA
6.1.10 Gilardoni SpA
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS