• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年2月20日
|Single User||￥463,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥517,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥817,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
Semiconductor Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) equipment market is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. The surge in the growth plan for Nano semiconductor devices, growth in demand for smarter sensors and increase in demand for AI-powered chips are some of the factors influencing the growth of semiconductor CVD equipment in the global market. However, design complexity in chip processing and high cost of initial investment are the factors hindering the market establishment.
– In recent years, semiconductor CVD equipment has found a potential place in various application areas such as foundry, integrated device manufacturer (IDM), memory manufacturers, and other applications.
– CVD Technology helps to manufacture high-performance solid materials to produce thin films for the semiconductor industry. In typical CVD, the substrate (wafer) is exposed to one or more volatile precursors, which react and decompose on the substrate surface to produce the anticipated deposit.
– Microfabrication processes use CVD technology to deposit materials in various forms, including polycrystalline, monocrystalline, epitaxial, and amorphous.
– An increase in demand for microelectronics and consumer electronics devices and applications of the technology for several end-users is boosting the growth of the semiconductor CVD equipment market.
– According to The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), with a 13.7% growth rate, the world’s semiconductor industry revenue reached USD 468.8 billion in 2018.
Key Market Trends
Increase in Demand for Microelectronics and Consumer Electronics to Fuel the Demand
– An increase in the sale of microelectronics and consumer electronics is expected to fuel the demand for semiconductor ICs, during the forecast period. The increase in demand for semiconductor ICs is predicted to improve the production capacity of semiconductor device manufacturers, which, in turn, is expected to augment the need for semiconductor chemical vapor deposition equipment.
– Also, governments and industry stakeholders are keenly following the advances in the microelectronics industry as these technologies might potentially disrupt and also boost the market for the Internet of Things. R&D for microelectronics may also increase with the impending bandwidth crunch, due to the improved penetration of virtual reality and augmented reality devices.
– As per the report from The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), memory category in global semiconductor sale showed 27.4% growth rate than the previous year with a total sale of USD 158 billion. Power transistors also showed a 14.4% growth rate with an annual sales of USD 14.4 billion.
Asia-Pacific as the Most Lucrative Market for Global Semiconductor CVD Equipment
– Asia-Pacific is a potential region with various manufacturing facilities for the development of consumer electronics and semiconductor-related products. The particular region is expected to occupy the largest market share in the semiconductor CVD equipment market.
– The growth of the market, moreover, in the region is due to the progression of electronics and semiconductor industries, mainly in China. The rise in industrialization and an increase in the number of end-user industries and companies in developing economies, such as China and India, offered numerous untapped opportunities.
– For the year 2018, China showed the highest growth rate of 20.5% among all countries in the global sales of semiconductor equipment and devices.
– The region is expected to witness the highest growth rate, over the forecast period, due to the presence of emerging economies and development in electronics industries. Evolving countries in the region are important consumers and producers of chemical vapor deposition.
Though the presence of many regional as well global players in the market is influencing the semiconductor CVD equipment market, the major chunk of the global market is captured by prominent players and hence the market for semiconductor CVD equipment is expected to be consolidated in nature. AIXTRON SE, Applied Materials, Inc., ASM International, CVD Equipment Corporation, Kokusai Semiconductor Equipment Corporation (KSEC), Lam Research Corporation, Tokyo Electron Limited, ULVAC, Inc., and Veeco Instruments Inc. are some of the major players present in the current market. All these players are involved in competitive strategic developments such as partnerships, new product development, and market expansion to augment their leadership position in the global semiconductor CVD equipment market.
– April 2019 – CVD Equipment Corporation supplied its advanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) to TAG Heuer, the Swiss watch manufacturer for research on carbon composite production and nanotechnology development.
– May 2018 – Aixtron, a worldwide leading provider of deposition equipment to the semiconductor industry delivered a high-end MOCVD technology to its long-standing customer Visual Photonics Epitaxy Co. Ltd (VPEC) to meet the increasing demand for AsP-based lasers.
– Feb 2018 – Veeco Instruments Inc. announced that Lumentum Holdings Inc. has ordered the Veeco k475I MOCVD System for next-generation applications, including 3D Sensing, High-speed fiber-optic communications, and laser-based materials processing.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increase in Demand for Microelectronics and Semiconductor Devices
4.3.2 Rise in Application of the Technology for Several End-Users
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Investment for the Technology
4.5 CVD Processes Technology Snapshot
4.5.1 Atmospheric-Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition (AP CVD)
4.5.2 Density-Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition (LP CVD)
4.5.3 Low-pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition (LP CVD)
4.5.4 Metal-organic Chemical Vapor Phase Deposition (MO CVD)
4.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.7 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.7.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.7.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.2 Integrated Device Manufacturer (IDM)
5.1.3 Memory Manufacturers
5.1.4 Other Applications
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 AIXTRON SE
6.1.2 Applied Materials, Inc.
6.1.3 ASM International
6.1.4 CVD Equipment Corporation
6.1.5 Kokusai Semiconductor Equipment Corporation (KSEC)
6.1.6 Lam Research Corporation
6.1.7 Tokyo Electron Limited
6.1.8 ULVAC, Inc.
6.1.9 Veeco Instruments Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS