• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥565,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥631,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥997,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The aluminum caps and closures market was valued at USD 12.1 billion in 2020 and expected to reach USD 15.32 billion by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 4% over the forecast period (2021-2026). Aluminum caps and closures are essential for extending the shelf-life and retaining the taste, flavor, and texture of the packaged products. Besides offering leak-proof and contamination resistant features, aluminum caps and closures play a vital role in driving visual appeal, brand differentiation, and convenience for consumers.
– Aluminum caps and closures are imperative for the packaging industry, and this serves as the primary driving force for the market’s growth. Furthermore, increasing demand for packaged products is anticipated to augment the steady momentum of the global market.
– Also, the beverage industry is one of the major contributors to the aluminum caps and closures market. Various types of aluminum caps are used in beverage packaging, such as crown caps, aluminum ROPP caps, tall aluminum caps, pull ring caps, lugged caps, and others. Carbonated soft drinks, energy drinks, and alcoholic beverages are among the major end-user segments of aluminum caps and closures. Moreover, the use of aluminum closure in the wine industry is becoming predominant, as aluminum screw caps provide better insulation for the wine from oxygen and have cost benefits compared to cork.
– Further, the cosmetic industry is also a prominent user of aluminum caps and closures owing to its lightweight, strong, and durable properties. Due to these properties, aluminum closures are widely used for child-resistant closures (CRC) in cosmetics, such as perfumes, color cosmetics, and skin cosmetics, that are harmful to children. For instance, Ball Corporation recently launched an infinitely recyclable aluminum bottle line equipped with reclosable threaded caps.
– Pharmaceutical is the fastest-growing segment that uses aluminum caps and closures, due to its barrier and insulating properties, and it can be sealed securely, opened easily, and resealed effectively. Due to the growing market for OTC drugs, especially syrup bottles, aluminum caps, and closures have been witnessing rising demand in the market. For instance, FDA regulations state that “containers, closures, and other parts of drug packages to be suitable for their intended use, must not be reactive, additive or absorptive to the extent that the identity, strength, quality or purity of the drug will be affected .”
– Additionally, The spread of novel coronavirus has augmented the demand for caps and closures in the pharmaceutical market. The growth was especially high in Q1 2020. Pharmacies worldwide reported an increase in their revenues due to 90-day prescriptions and more customers getting involved in panic-buying. For instance, The pharmaceutical sector in North America that is highly dependent on the foreign markets due to which the onshore production been on hit is expected to gain traction due to the United States changed policy of offshore production of medicines post COVID-19 pandemic.
Key Market Trends
Pharmaceutical Sector is Expected to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
– The pharmaceutical and healthcare industry demonstrates a persistently sturdy growth rate, with surging demand in several regions, like North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Aluminum caps and closures used in the pharmaceutical sector are sterile and are generally composed of layered material. Besides, aluminum can be highly customizable: natural or colored, plain or embossed. Thus, pharmaceutical packaging can be supplied according to the consumers’ needs.
– The increased pharmaceutical production and the regulatory changes are further favoring value-added, child-resistant, and senior-friendly closures, which are anticipated to drive the market in the foreseen period. For instance, in 2019, Growpacker Inc., a contract manufacturer of THC- and CBD-infused edibles in the United States, announced the launch of its patent-pending Cannasafe, a child-resistant lid for aluminum cans containing THC-infused beverages.
– Moreover, aluminum closures create a highly-effective barrier without affecting the product’s taste and smell. All materials used in aluminum closures are perfectly neutral from an organoleptic point of view, helping to prevent taste, color, and other changes that occur in drugs. Additionally, the usage of insulin shots, syringes, and injection pens are increasing with the increase in the diabetic population across the world. This is further driving the usage of aluminum caps in syringe nozzles, vials, and other cartridge.
– Additionally, The pharmaceutical industry is exponentially growing with the increase in the demand for over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. Most of the OTC medications, like cold and cough remedies (Syrups), ophthalmic tubes, and injections, consist of aluminum hubs, lids, vials, and other closure materials. For instance, as per the IQVIA’s institute report, the OTC drug market is growing at a global rate of 3-6%. Since most of the aluminum caps and closures are used in the OTC market, it is expected to further boost their demand in the global arena.
North America is Expected to Hold a Major Share
– The North American region is expected to have a significant market share, which is home to many companies, such as Reynold Group Holding Limited, Silgan Holding, the Cary Company, O.Berk Company, and Crown Holding, among others. Moreover, the food and beverage industry is one of the major consumers of the aluminum caps and closures market in the region. Aluminum caps or closures are also used for the storage of food products, such as grains, typically stored in glass containers.
– Aluminum caps and closures are used in the beverage industry due to the ease of disposal and their recycling advantages. Also, aluminum closure increases the shelf life of the product. According to the NBWA, based on the US census population statistics and beer shipment data, the US consumers aged 21 years and older consumed 26.5 gallons of beer and cider per person during 2018. Also, according to the Beer Institute Annual report, 2018, the US beer industry sells more than USD 119.3 billion in beer and malt-based beverages to US consumers each year.
– Furthermore, in the pharmaceutical sector, concerning the environmental issues and also enhancing the brand appeal, various manufacturers are replacing outer box products with a plastic bottle made from recycled plastic and are preferring aluminum closures to distinguish.
– Additionally, Stringent regulations by the FDA, CPSC, and ISO have been instrumental in driving product innovation and sophistication across the pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and cosmetic industries. Aluminum Cap and closure manufacturers are increasingly using product features, such as the convenience of use, child resistance, and senior friendliness, to meet the regulation. For instance, in February 2020, Ball corporation announced to build two specialty beverage aluminum can plants in the United States due it rise in aluminum packaging.
The aluminum caps and closures market is highly fragmented and competitive due to the presence of international vendors. Some of the key players of this market are Pelliconi & C. SpA, O.Berk Company, and Reynolds Packaging Group Ltd, among others. Intense competition prevails in the market in terms of product differentiation, portfolio, and pricing.
– May 2019 — Pelliconi Group announced that it is committed to innovation. It launched the DAPP service to offer its clients, along with the tools to digitize packaging for consumer engagement. To do this, it partnered with the start-up company Leevia, which provided technical and legal support for the prize contests via QR code in the “DAPP Ready” version. The offer also included options using augmented reality and digital tools to generate product-based interactive marketing and loyalty-building activities with “DAPP PRO
– February 2019 — Amcor launched an Easypeel capsule that uses a one-piece aluminum capsule, which is engineered to open wine bottles along a clean line. Unlike other technologies that rely on pull tabs, EASYPEEL allows consumers and professionals to use traditional bottle openers.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Recyclability of the Products
4.4.2 Superior Properties Compared to Other Closure Materials
4.5 Market Restraints
4.5.1 High Adoption Rate of Other Types of Closure Materials
5 IMPACT OF COVID-19 IMPACT ON THE ALUMINUM PACKAGING INDUSTRY
6 GLOBAL ALUMINUM CAP STOCK MARKET LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Overview, Sizing, and Forecast
6.2 Market Scenario across Different Geographies
6.3 List of Major Companies in the Aluminum Cap Stock Industry
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Type
7.1.1 Screw Caps
7.1.2 Crown Cork
7.1.3 Lugs (Press Twist)
7.1.4 East Open End
7.1.5 Other Types of Caps & Closures
7.2 By Application
7.2.5 Other Applications
7.3 By Geography
7.3.1 North America
7.3.3 Asia Pacific
7.3.4 Latin America
7.3.5 Middle East and Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Amcor PLC
8.1.2 O.Berk Company
8.1.3 Reynolds Packaging Group Ltd Closure Systems International Inc. (CSI)
8.1.4 Pelliconi & C. SpA
8.1.5 Nippon Closures Co. Ltd
8.1.6 Silgan Closures GmbH
8.1.7 SKS Bottle & Packaging Inc.
8.1.8 Berlin Packaging (Qorpak)
8.1.9 Tecnocap Group
8.1.10 The Cary Company
8.1.11 Guala Closures SpA
8.1.12 Herti JSC
8.1.15 RPC Group (PET Power)
8.1.16 Hicap Closures Co. Ltd
8.1.17 Easy Open Lid Industry Corp. Yiwu
8.1.18 Shadong Lipeng Co. Ltd
8.1.19 Rauh GmbH & Co. Blechwarenfabrikations-KG
8.1.20 Federfin Tech SRL
8.1.21 IDEA CAP SRL
9 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET