• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥454,750 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥508,250 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥802,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The antimicrobial packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.89% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. Antimicrobial packaging evades the growth or decay due to microorganisms in the packaged foodstuff that can cause intricacies regarding food safety and quality. The concept of ‘Active Packaging’ was introduced in the process, where different active substances are included in the packaging material to enhance its functionality.
– One of the main drivers of the antimicrobial packaging market is the growing demand for packaged food. An accelerating number of working women, migration of people from urban to rural regions, and a rise in disposable income in developing economies are the factors that feed the demand for packaged food. At times, packaged food is favored over fresh food because of quality and hygiene. Furthermore, it is convenient and made palatable.
– Also, increasing awareness about consumer health and greater shelf life of products has resulted in improved usage for antimicrobial packaging products. The requirement for ready-to-eat, minimally treated, and efficiently prepared food is growing day-by-day. For instance, Revenue from the ready-to-eat (RTE) food segment is expected to amount to USD 83,849 million in 2020, according to the industry forecasts. The rise of RTE and grab-and-go meals are expected to shape the future packaging trend.
– Furthermore, antimicrobial packaging has an increasing number of applications in the beverage packaging business. Antimicrobial agents are being employed to improve the shelf life of alcoholic, nonalcoholic, fruit juices, flavored milk, wines, and dairy-based beverages and drinks. Besides, the rise in demand for baked and confectionery products among consumers in emerging economies is expected to spearhead the market growth during the forecast period.
– Also, amidst the pandemic COVID-19, with a rise in the number of patients suffering from the virus. The patients are more susceptible to secondary fungal and bacterial infections. The data related to the viral infection (COVID-19) sourced from The Lancet indicated that about 50% of patients that died from the virus had secondary infections. The optimistic healthcare industry, therefore, provides significant scope for the market over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Plastics Material is expected to Drive the Market’s Growth
– Antimicrobial plastics deliver active agents into food products, helping to restrain the growth of microorganisms and enhance shelf life. These releasing compounds keep food quality and decrease the need for preservatives and additives, thus aiding to maintain health and fitness. These elements are used to preserve the plastic products, tablets, and medical equipment against bacteria and fungal outgrowth.
– The healthcare industry is the prime consumer of this packaging method. The increasing demand for recycling disposable medical products, such as connectors, tubing, syringes, and connectors, as well as a wide variety of molded parts, has been providing innumerable opportunities for the development of antimicrobial solutions, as it offers numerous advantages, such as cleanliness, sterility, ease of use, convenience, and low cost, over traditional materials.
– Furthermore, microbial contamination, intricate epidemiological situations, healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), and infection risks in hospitals and dental equipment drive the need for the prevention of microbial infections. According to the US Department of Health & Human Services, 1 in 25 US hospital patients is diagnosed with at least one infection related to hospital care alone, every year.
– Besides, in hospitals and care homes, products, such as beds, cubicle curtains, handrails, nurse call systems, floors, door handles, pull cords, and case noteholders, require this packaging method. The growing healthcare-associated infections in the healthcare industry are expected to increase significantly over the forecast period.
– Similarly, In the pharmaceutical sector, preservatives, such as ethanol, cresol, phenol, bronopol, and parabens, are added to these products to defend against microbial contamination. These elements are used to preserve the tablets and medical equipment against bacteria and fungal outgrowth.
APAC Holds a Dominant Position in Antimicrobial Packaging
– The Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the overall market of antimicrobial packaging over the forecast period. Factors such as the rising demand for food between the youths & adults are anticipated to fuel the growth of the Asia Pacific antimicrobial packaging market over the forecast period. Further, factors such as the increasing prevalence of diseases are envisioned, increasing the global antimicrobial packaging market in the Asia Pacific over the forecast period.
– Moreover, Asia Pacific is poised to witness an impressive demand for antimicrobial packaging materials. This is also due to the rising preference for convenience food, consumer awareness, and a fast-paced lifestyle that can further create growth opportunities in this region.
– Asia-Pacific offers potential growth opportunities, as developing countries such as China and India are predicted to be emerging markets, making this region also the most agile burgeoning market for antimicrobial packaging. The maturity of the antimicrobial packaging market in this region is also propelled by factors such as the growth of the healthcare, food & beverage, consumer goods, personal care, and agricultural products industry. Also, the growing population and economic development are other factors.
– Due to fluctuations in the raw material prices, stringent compliance to regulations, and the need for continuous technological advancements and research & development in APAC, the companies are exposed to possible risks. They are limiting the growth of the antimicrobial packaging market.
The antimicrobial packaging market will witness intense competition in the years to come due to the emergence of newer companies and evolving consumer demands. The presence of numerous small and medium businesses and large global organizations can further intensify the market competition. Some of the topmost manufacturers such as BASF SE, Dow Chemical, Mondi Plc, and Dunmore Corp., amongst many others, are expected to make investments in terms of operational development across developing regions like the Asia Pacific and the Middle East and Africa.
– February 2020 – Mondi collaborated with Cartro, a corrugated packaging company based out of Mexico, to deliver sustainable packaging solutions for fresh produce.
– October 2019 – BASF launches a new defoamer – Foamaster WO 2360, that complies with principal food contact regulations for adhesives, paper coating applications, and functional packaging, which is compliant with China’s food contact regulation GB 9685-2016 for adhesives and major food contact regulations such as Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) Title 21, Food Contact Materials Regulation (EC), Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung (BfR) and Swiss Ordinance on Food Contact Materials for packaging.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Rising Consumer Awareness about Health Related Issues
4.3.2 Growing Concerns About Food Wastage
4.3.3 Increasing Demand From the Healthcare Sector
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Raw Material Price Fluctuation
4.4.2 Compliance to Strict Government Regulations
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.7 Impact of Government Funded Projects, Efforts by Research Organizations and Universities and Company Developments for Antimicrobial Packaging on the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.3 Paper & Paperboard
5.1.4 Other Materials
5.2.1 Food and beverages
5.2.3 Personal Care
5.2.4 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 BASF SE
6.1.2 Bayer AG
6.1.3 Mondi Group
6.1.4 Avient Corporation
6.1.5 BioCote Limited
6.1.6 Sciessent LLC
6.1.7 Covestro AG
6.1.8 Dunmore Corporation
6.1.9 Microban International
6.1.10 Sealed Air Corporation
6.1.11 Takex Labo Co. Ltd.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET