• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥565,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥631,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥997,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) Equipment Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 25% over the forecast period 2021 to 2026. The demand for atomic layer deposition solutions is increasing, as it enables the use of new materials and designs for advanced chip manufacturing. Industries are increasingly adopting the miniaturization trend globally. Thus, presently, there has been an increased demand for miniaturized electronics and equipment.
– According to Cisco, there will be around 500 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2030. Each device includes sensors that collect data, interact with the environment, and communicate over a network. These applications need miniaturized storage devices and ICs. The increasing amount of data generated from the growing connected devices has increased the demand for storage devices, thereby driving the market growth.
– Moreover, several data center projects are in line, owing to the rise in data center traffic due to higher data generation. By 2020, it is anticipated that major global data centers will begin more than ten construction projects around the world, of which more than 80% are expected to be initiated by the North American data center market.
– Further, factory automation and increased use of robots is also expected to drive the sales of semiconductors, which, in turn, will drive the market for ALD technology. In 2017, 3-D printing technologies enabled the German company, Adidas, to set up two “speed factories” for shoe production, where one in Ansbach, Germany, and the other in Atlanta in the United States.
– The spread of the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted both the supply and demand segment of the market and had prompted multiple companies to fast-track their business decision in the market. With Samsung moving manufacturing units to India and Vietnam, the supply sector is expected to readjust in the APAC region as with the COVID-19 impact, and businesses are trying to diversify their supply dependencies to remain functional in the face of new challenges.
Key Market Trends
Semiconductors and Electronics Industry to Drive the Market Growth
– Atomic layer deposition technology is expected to be driven by the demand from the semiconductor and electronics segment. While the semiconductor segment is expected to affect the growth of the technology directly, any surge in the electronics sector will lead to the technology’s development. Hence, driving the market growth for atomic layer deposition equipment.
– The electronics industry goes through cyclic phases of ups and downs. The electronic industry’s forecast in short to medium term is encouraging. According to the Ericsson Mobility Report, there will be about 8.9 billion mobile subscriptions, 8.4 billion mobile broadband subscriptions, and 6.2 billion unique mobile subscribers by 2024. This is expected to boost the growth of ALD technology.
– The rise in the sale of microelectronics and consumer electronics is expected to fuel the demand for semiconductor ICs, during the forecast period. The increase in demand for semiconductor ICs is projected to improve the production capacity of semiconductor device manufacturers, which, in turn, may augment the demand for the atomic layer deposition equipment market.
Asia-Pacific Expected to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
– Asia-Pacific continues to be the most critical region for the proliferation of the electronics industry. Asia-Pacific has now become a hub of OEMs in the electronics industry. Moreover, emerging economies, like Vietnam, have invested heavily in this industry, leading to healthy competition among various countries in the region. Moreover, established hubs, like Taiwan and China, continue to invest heavily in R&D, enabling them to stay ahead of the curve in terms of innovations that drive the market growth.
– With exceptional data traffic across China (IP and mobile data traffic), server memory demand is expected to increase. With IoT taking shape in China, the number of network devices is expected to reach almost 5.5 billion in 2021, compared to 3.5 billion in 2016, according to the Cisco systems.
– Furthermore, according to the World Investment Report of 2018 by UNCTAD, while the FDI inflows to East Asia remained stable at USD 265 billion, with a slight decline in Hong Kong (China), they reached an all-time high in China. Most of the FDI inflows were in the electronics industry. This factor is expected to strengthen the future forecasts for the industry in the region, as investors continue to put their money in this industry in the region.
The atomic layer deposition equipment market is fragmented in nature as several players are operating in the market. Players in the market adopt strategies like mergers and acquisitions, partnerships to capture market share. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
– November 2019 – Applied Materials Inc. introduced the Materials Engineering Technology Accelerator (META Center), a facility aimed at speeding customer prototyping of new materials, process technologies, and devices. As chipmaking is becoming increasingly challenging, the META Center has extended Applied’s ability to collaborate with customers to pioneer new ways of improving chip performance, power, and cost.
– July 2019 – Applied Materials Inc. announced the acquisition of the semiconductor equipment maker, Kokusai Electric, for USD 2.2 billion, from KKR & Co. (KKR). This acquisition is expected to strengthen the Applied’s footprint in Asia and add to the existing processing technologies of the company.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the ALD Equipment Industry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Inflections in front end applications (around gate dielectrics) and Evolution of New Generation of Photonics and RF technologies
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Rising Need to for Versatile Tools to Support Multiple Capabilities
6 APPLICATIONS OF ALD EQUIPMENT
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Type of Equipment
7.1.1 Single/Multi Wafer
7.1.2 Batch & Spatial ALD
7.2 By Segment
7.2.4 More than Moore (MEMS, Power & RF, CIS, LED, Photonics etc.)
7.3.1 North America
7.3.3 Asia Pacific
7.3.4 Rest of the World
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Vendor Market Share Analysis – 2019
8.2 Company Profiles
8.2.1 Tokyo Electron Limited
8.2.2 ASM International
8.2.3 Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.
8.2.4 Lam Research Corporation
8.2.5 Wonik IPS Co. Ltd.
8.2.6 Jusung Engineering Co. Ltd.
8.2.7 Applied Materials Inc.
8.2.8 Forge Nano Inc.
8.2.9 Veeco Instruments Inc.
8.2.10 Picosun Oy
8.2.11 Encapsulix SAS
8.2.12 Nano-Master Inc.
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET