• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥454,750 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥508,250 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥802,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The blister packaging market registered a CAGR of 6.18%, during the period of 2021-2026. Increasing pressure on pharmaceutical companies to manufacture medicines that are distinct in packaging and hard to imitate, beyond the basic need of keeping it effective for the purpose it was produced, for it to be made available for patients, owing to rise in diseases and stringent government regulations against counterfeit drugs, are among the major factors propelling the market. Blister packaging offers an efficient method of anti-counterfeit systems, like banknote authentication systems and others.
– The rising need for the level of product safety from manufacturers, consumers, and regulatory organizations making blister packaging an increasingly practical option. Factors like product integrity and extended shelf life are highly necessary for the pharmaceutical sector, considering that most consumers store their drugs in a temperature variant atmosphere that can be harmful to unprotected medicines.
– The use of innovative technologies in blisters, such as radio frequency identification tags (RFID), deployed with a seal applied outside the packaging, is growing due to the potential to provide individual security throughout supply chains. Contamination of samples in blisters only occurs when the protective barrier is broken, when a single tablet or capsule is dispensed or administered.
– The growing need for compliance with safety regulations, coupled with increased demand for convenient and easy-to-use packaging products, is also expected to drive the market’s growth and results in the market vendors partnering with technology companies to introduce those features and widen their product differentiation advantages for bulk purchasers.
– There is also a growing demand for pharmaceutical and personal care products in industrialized regions, like North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and others, where considerable consumer expenditure is increasing for both pharmaceutical and personal care products. Products, such as capsules, lozenges, sterile products, and liquid cosmetics like perfumes, place a particularly high demand for blister packaging, protection, appearance, and compliance.
– The outbreak of COVID-19, growth in regulatory norms across the world, population health management, inventions, more informed customers, and an increase in OTC drugs have augmented the growth of packaging.
Key Market Trends
Pharmaceutical Industry Account for a Major Share
– The pharmaceutical sector poses a different set of demands for the blister packaging solutions regarding insulation from external surroundings, high levels of protection, cost-effectiveness, and ease of handling, in addition to retaining the medicine’s effectiveness.
– These packs are uniquely suited to meet the stringent standards and highly valued for protective properties, adaptability, cost-effectiveness, and the pharmaceutical and packaging industry requirements.
– When drugs are packaged in blisters, adherence is improved because consumers can keep track of their medications and dosage. The unit dosage feature of blisters reduces the risk of incorrect dosing.
– The retail-level preparation of prescription drugs is troubling pharmacists or pharmaceutical technicians. The administration of medicines in the open atmosphere of the supermarket and drug store can negatively affect sensitive drugs when they are transferred from container to container. Blister packaging can ensure the process of distribution directly to the customer.
– Protecting product integrity remains the primary goal of pharmaceutical packaging, but as in all areas of the packaging industry, there is continued work on cost reduction in the packaging process.
– According to healthcare informatics, diabetes expenditure was USD 42 billion in 2013 and increased to USD 78 billion in 2018. Moreover, blister-packed medicines can prove to be very helpful in the transportation of medicines, such as those used for diabetes, which may be transported over long distances.
Europe to Hold a Significant Share
– The pharmaceutical and healthcare industry holds the dominant share of the blister packaging market in Europe. The consumer goods sector is also expected to contribute a significant market share over the forecast period. Blister packaging also provides the possibility to create a compliance pack or calendar pack by labeling the prescription, to which patients can easily adhere.
– The European community has more substantial environmental incentives to use blister packaging because of the stringent regulations overusing the excess material into the packaging system. The use of blister packaging allows manufacturers to reduce packages to a minimal size. In Europe, the UK pharmaceutical industry is one of the major engines of innovation and research. The industry spends billions on R&D and employs vast numbers of highly skilled personnel for R&D roles.
– These massive investments and the proportion of skilled workers employed show how Britain is building up the pipeline of medicines and future drugs. These ongoing investments can be perceived as an excellent opportunity for the growth of blister packaging in the country.
The Blister Packaging Market is fragmented. Partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions have been a critical strategy for the vendors in the market for developing products that are acceptable in the end-user industry, where packaging materials undergo stringent quality tests so that they do not contaminate the content’s impact health. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
– In January 2020 – Amcor partnered with Moda to offer innovative packaging solutions. Amcor and Moda offer multiple innovative solutions in flexible packaging and are expected to provide new resources to help gain and further strengthen Amcor’s position in the flexible packaging market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing geriatric population and prevalence of diseases
4.2.2 Product innovations such as downsizing coupled with relatively low costs
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Dynamic nature of regulations and inability to support heavy goods
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on Blister Packaging Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Process (Trends, Forecasts – in USD million & Market Outlook)
5.2 By Material (Trends, Forecasts – in USD million & KTon & Market Outlook)
5.2.1 Plastic Films
5.2.2 Paper & Paperboard
5.2.4 Other Materials
5.3 By End-User Industry (Trends, Forecasts – in USD million & Market Outlook)
5.3.1 Consumer Goods
5.3.4 Other End-user Industries
5.4 Geography (Trends, Forecasts – in USD million & Market Outlook)
5.4.1 North America
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amcor PLC
6.1.2 Westrock Company
6.1.3 Constantia Flexibles GmbH
6.1.4 Sonoco Products Company
6.1.5 Klockner Pentaplast Group
6.1.6 E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
6.1.7 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.8 Pharma Packaging Solutions
6.1.9 Tekni-Plex Inc.
6.1.10 The Dow Chemical Company
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET