• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥463,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥517,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥817,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The BOPP film market was valued at USD 3.99 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 6.27 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.5% during the period of 2021-2026. The market trend is predicted to gain traction in the anticipated years because BOPP films are more flexible and enable faster packaging with advanced sealing properties as compared to other packaging materials.
– BOPP films are increasingly adopted in the fields of applications, like packaging, labeling, and lamination. These films are preferred substrates for food packaging globally, owing to their inherent moisture barrier properties, sealability, high clarity and graphic reproduction, and shelf appeal. The best possibilities of the pack are a monolayer/homogeneous structure.
– In June 2019, SIBUR BIAXPLEN announced its plans to introduce a wide range of BOPP films for different label segments at Labelexpo Europe 2019, for wrap-around labeling of PET bottles suitable for hot melt and cold seal applications, self-adhesive labels as a face stock and as release liner suitable for silicone coating, and in-mold labels for a variety of food and non-food applications.
– The rise of e-commerce in food and beverages, coupled with the improved economic environment and the increased disposable income, resulted in increased consumption of the packaged goods that require packaging, which protects the products from contamination and damages. This trend is expected to boost the vendor’s production capacity and growth over the forecast period—for instance, Toray Industries Inc. Oben Holding Group has a production capacity of 300,000 MT/year, and in March 2020, the company opened a new PEF Division Innovation Center at Front Royal, Virginia.
– Environmental regulation paving the way for flexible packaging requirements is driving the market as using flexible packaging instead of rigid packaging results in remarkable benefits to the environment. A case study by the Flexible Packaging Association analyzed the environmental benefits of using a flexible pouch, where the results found an equivalent of 87% less coal or 64% less crude oil utilized during manufacturing when switching from rigid to flexible; 79% lowered CO2 emissions during manufacturing; and 69% reduction of solid waste into landfills.
– With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, the BOPP Films market is expected to grow due to the increasing demand from the food packaging sector and FMCG companies. For instance, the shift in trend from rigid packaging to flexible packaging boosts the demand for these BOPP films in the market. Some of the categories, such as soap, are witnessing a significant demand for flexible packaging.
Key Market Trends
Beverage Vertical to Drive the Market Growth
– Flexible packaging not only plays a crucial role in reducing beverage and product waste but also allows online brands to strengthen their packaging to enhance the e-commerce experience. BOPP film is highly used film in this segment which provides consistent and excellent seal integrity because of narrow gauge spread.
– With increasing dairy product production, BOPP film market is steadily growing. Milk and dairy products require careful storing and protection from oxygen and sunlight. For instance, Danaflex provides a wide variety of BOPP film packaging mostly in transparent and opaque white film for all dairy products which are cost-effective and their protective lacquer protects ink layer from mechanical and heat impact, together with good sliding behavior during filling operations.
– In Dec 2018, Cosmo films launched a new sterilizable conduction sealing film for PP and PE containers which are able to withstand high temperatures during the sterilization process, which is liable to increase the shelf life of products, mostly for dairy products like milk.
– Southeast Asia holds the second-largest market for US dairy exports, and the market was valued at USD 690 million, in 2017 and according to USDEC (US Dairy Export Council), Southeast Asian customers are consciously aware of artificial food ingredients and prefer flexible packaging that significantly preserves the integrity of natural and clean label products. This increases the demand for BOPP films in this region.
North America Account for Significant Market Share
– Many vendors of BOPP films in North America are adjusting their product portfolios to address the increasing requirement for consumer-friendly packaging solutions in the region. BOPP films that provide transparency in product packaging help customers quickly examine the product, fueling the growth of the market in the region.
– Retail outlets are the largest revenue-generating medium for food products in North America. Flexible packaging products, such as BOPP films, emerged as the preferred form of packaging in the region, due to their versatility, custom qualities, efficiency in conserving resources, and sustainability. They also offer consumers a convenient shopping experience, as they are lightweight, thus minimizing the effort required for carrying the products.
– The US Census Bureau announced the advanced estimates of US retail and food services sales in October 2019, adjusted for seasonal variation and holiday and trading-day differences, but not for price changes. It stood at USD 526.5 billion, which was an increase of 0.3% (±0.4%)* from the previous month, and 3.1% (±0.7%) above October 2018. Such instances indicate that the market is expected to grow over the forecast period.
– The region is also a significant exporter and consumer of meat products. The market is strengthened by increasing meat and pork products across the country’s widespread and robust retail chains. The market studied is witnessing several expansions and innovative launches in the region, majorly owing to the surging end-user demands.
The BOPP film market is moving towards the fragmented market. The competitive rivalry is increasing because of the increasing presence of many players running their business in national and international boundaries. The market is changing in the direction of substituting materials such as cellophane, waxing paper, and aluminum foils using BOPP films. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
– June 2020 – Innovia Films launched a new family of films. The new, highly functional, and recyclable BOPP films are being marketed under the brand name, Encore. One is expected to be a low-temperature heat seal film for packaging, while the other is targeted at pressure-sensitive labeling applications.
– Sep 2019 – Max Specialty Films introduced new solutions at Labelexpo Europe 2019, and Max’s new BOPP manufacturing line is expected to induce the growth of specialty films for the company. The advanced design of their new BOPP line commissioned in 2018 enables the company to go through deeper into labels and barrier films as important market segments. This new investment allows the company to produce 12- to 85-micron films to cater to in-mold labeling and pressure-sensitive labeling segments.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Global BOPP Films Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Demand For Packaged Food
5.1.2 Environmental Regulation Paving Way for Flexible Packaging Requirements (over Rigid Packaging Materials)
5.1.3 Steady Rise in Demand from Emerging Regions
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Poor Utilization and Overcapacity Remains a Concern in a Few Major Markets
5.2.2 Growing Threat from Other Environmentally Friendly Films
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 End-User Vertical
6.1.3 Pharmaceutical and Medical
6.1.5 Other End-user Verticals
6.2.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.4 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
6.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Toray Industries Inc.
7.1.2 Taghleef Industries LLC
7.1.3 Wenzhou Gettel Plastic Industry Co. Limited
7.1.4 SRF Limited
7.1.5 NAN YA Plastics Corporation
7.1.6 Vacmet India Limited
7.1.7 Uflex Ltd.
7.1.8 Polyplex Corporation Ltd.
7.1.9 Trefan Group
7.1.10 Oben Holding Group
7.1.11 Tatrafan SRO
7.1.12 Jindal Poly Film
7.1.13 Biofilm SA
7.1.14 Altopro SA de CV
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET