• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥467,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥522,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥825,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The bulk container packaging market was valued at USD 3.65 billion, in 2020, and is expected to reach a value of USD 6.41 billion, by 2026, at a CAGR of 9.87%, over the forecast period, 2021-2026. The sheer volume of resources and products being transported across the world is a strong indicator of importance of the global bulk container packaging market.
– Globalization generates favorable circumstances, by keeping manufacturing bases distant from the consumption regions. Transportation costs are considered as the largest part of the total cost, hence, there is a rising requirement for more innovative and cost-effective bulk container packaging solutions, to reduce the transportation costs, on the whole.
– Companies are also involved in strategic initiatives to leverage the growing demand for the bulk container packaging market. For instance, Grief Inc., one of the companies in the bulk packaging space, announced its expansion in Texas, through various investments in the drums and the IBC segments.
– Growing export of bulk container packaged products may drive the market growth, since there is too much of export/import of goods, like food and beverages.
– However, minimizing the impact on the environment is impacting the overall packaging market. Reuse is a major trend in packaging, because of the increased pressure to prolong the lifecycle of finite resources through the re-use of containers.
Key Market Trends
Drums Hold a Significant Share in the Bulk Container Packaging Market
– Drums are cylindrical containers used for the shipping of bulk cargo. They are often certified for the shipment of dangerous goods that are substances, solids, liquids, or gases that can harm people.
– Dangerous goods include materials that are radioactive, flammable, explosive, corrosive, oxidizing, asphyxiating, biohazardous, toxic, pathogenic, or allergenic, such as ammonia, hydrogen, etc. Therefore, increasing the shipments and trade of these hazardous goods may drive the use of bulk drums.
– Moreover, innovations regarding materials are also transforming the drum (barrel) containers market in the region. For instance, majorly used in transporting hazardous goods, drums made of steel prove to be more beneficial. This is because, steel is durable and reliable, and performs well in both cold and hot temperatures, and is fire-resistant. This makes it an ideal match for drums containing combustible or flammable materials. Steel barrels are also economical and environment-friendly.
North America to Account for a Major Share
– The United States is one of the largest markets for bulk containers, globally. The increasing expansion in the chemical industry, owing to the newfound shale resources, is expected to strengthen the demand for bulk containers, in the region. Also, the country’s immense exports from the chemical and pharmaceutical sector keep a constant demand for the rigid bulk containers, such as drums and pails.
– The country also has a well-established reconditioning infrastructure, boosting pooling networks, across the country.
– Moreover, in North America, governments are encouraging the utilization of recycled plastic for the manufacturing of plastic products, including containers and bottles.
– However, the industry is increasingly affected by the US-China trade wars. In recent times, increased tariff by the US government on Chinese chemical imports has escalated the import-export scenario of the country’s chemical industry trade, directly impacting the demand for bulk containers, from the industry.
The major companies include Greif Inc., Bemis Company Inc., TechnipFMC, Braid Logistics, National Bulk Equipment, Signode Industrial Group, Mondi Group, Bermis Company Inc., among others. The market is neither fragmented nor consolidated. Hence, the market concentration will be moderate.
– December 2018 – Mauser Packaging Solutions introduced a new medical waste container made of 100% recycled material. The innovative concept was awarded the 3rd prize, in the 2018 NENnovation Award, presented by the Dutch Standardization Institute, NEN.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Use of Flexitank, among Regional End-user Industries
4.3.2 Growing Export of Bulk Container Packed Products
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Growing Environmental Concerns over the Use of Plastic
4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.3 Material Handling Containers
5.1.4 Rigid Intermediate Bulk Containers
5.1.6 Dunnage Air Bags
5.1.7 Other Types
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.1 Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
5.2.2 Food and Beverages
5.2.3 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Greif Inc.
6.1.2 Amcor PLC (Bemis Company Inc.)
6.1.4 SCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KGaA
6.1.5 Braid Logistics
6.1.6 National Bulk Equipment, Inc.
6.1.7 Signode Industrial Group
6.1.8 Meyer Industries Limited
6.1.9 Mondi Group
6.1.10 Berry Global Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS