• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥573,750 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥641,250 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,012,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The global document management system market was valued at USD 5.51 billion in 2020 and expected to reach USD 11.47 billion by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 13.05% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026). The document management system (DMS) market is ever-changing, driven by the need for increased efficiency in the workplace. The improving technologies and efficient execution of DMS are expected to gradually eliminate the traditional paper files concept.
– The document management systems market is ever-changing, driven by the need for increased efficiency in the workplace. The improving technologies and efficient execution of the DMS are expected to gradually eliminate the traditional concept of paper files. According to Xerox, 46% of employees of small- and medium-sized businesses still waste time on inefficient, paper-related workflows daily. This signifies that smart document management systems can improve these processes. Companies that already deploy sophisticated document management systems gain a significant competitive edge.
– The banking sector is also one of the most regulated sectors of the economy. Ensuring compliance with legal norms and regulations, as well as providing updates, is essential for any financial or credit company. This calls for a bank DMS to support the execution of the regulatory and legal framework. In December 2019, Deutsche Bank partnered with NetDocuments for its cloud-based legal DMS. This is likely to ensure secure and fast access to relevant documents for all legal department employees of the bank.
– Virtual learning environments amidst the COVID-19 pandemic have gained popularity. Managing and delivering complete online training solutions for volunteers are being observed, combined with document management systems to control the validation and publication of those training procedures and safety documents.
– In the healthcare sector, the lack of cohesive data across patients amidst the prevalence of electronic health records is further aiding adoption of such tools. COVID-19 cases have led to a lot of data being generated, due to the increasing number of patients being treated and the rising number of medical facilities. The effective and reliable management of documents generated, along with the need to minimize the use of paper to reduce operational costs and storage issues, is significantly driving the market studied.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare to Register the Highest Market Growth
– The healthcare industry is on the verge of complete turnaround augmented by digitalization drives driven by government initiatives in regions such as North America and Europe, along with growing consumer propensity towards the physicians that adopt digital documentation systems. According to a recent study which studied over 650 healthcare consumers found that a prominent share (over 90%) of patients wish to use digital tools to interact with their care providers.
– With the advent of IoT and growing internet penetration, the demand for various AAL solutions and services such as telehealth, telecare, telemedicine, telecoaching, and mHealth are gaining traction. Also, the physician acceptance of digital healthcare tools is increasing into their practices owing to improved efficiency and safety. According to a study done by American Medical Association (AMA) conducted in 2016 and repeated in 2019 showed, tele-visits/virtual visit adoption increased to 28% from 14%, remote monitoring and management adoption grew from 13% to 22%, and remote monitoring efficiency adoption grew from 28% to 37%.
– The healthcare industry involves significant amounts of data being collected manually through contrasting internal IT systems and numerous collections of documents, databases, and forms. The adoption of document management systems enables players in the healthcare industry to create electronic patient records, thus, minimizing the risk of important documentation being misplaced and increasing security access. The healthcare business involves a wide range of applications, such as electronic health record management, drug discovery, health insurance claims, patient appointment scheduling, stimulating account settlements, implementing post-discharge guidelines, and healthcare workflow management. These applications involve an enormous paper trail.
– Trust in hospitals and physicians to keep digital healthcare information secure is increasing, which is further augmenting the demand; however, the trust decreases when it comes to tech companies and government. According to a study by Accenture in 2019, 89% of healthcare consumers trusted their doctor or other providers “very much” or “some” to keep their digital healthcare information, such as electronic medical records.
– Additionally, open source tools are gaining traction in the healthcare industry, which has propelled many practitioners to adopt open-source technologies, for establishing a DMS. Moreover, Big Data and AI are further revolutionizing the healthcare sector. The players are also integrating these technologies within the RPA platform, in order to improve efficiency and patient care, while reducing costly administrative errors. In September 2019, the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust selected IMMJ Systems Mediviewer, an electronic document management system (EDMS), which allows hospitals to scan, index, and archive paper medical records and access them through a user interface.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Highest Market Growth
– The increasing need to adopt document management systems, in order to curtail the illegal logging trade and transport, is expected to boost the document management systems market during the forecast period.
– For instance, the China National Forest Products Industry Association (CNFPIA) developed the timber legality verification standard, which has been envisaged as an important element of CTLVS. CNFPIA released the standard that establishes the requirements for legality at the forest management level and throughout the chain of custody, which covers timber legality requirements for document management, transport and sales, legality verification for domestic and imported timber, development of a timber legality management system, and processing and trading.
– Asia-Pacific witnesses a majority of students entering the universities for studies, which makes it imperative for the universities to keep a document trail for every student. The number is increasing every year, thereby, creating an opportunity for DMS providers to tap into the market.
– Document management is a priority in Asia-Pacific. In 2019, Citi Bank launched digital onboarding for institutional clients in Asia-Pacific. The new digital solution helps replace the manual legacy paper-driven and courier-based documentation process and comes off the back of a global documentation rationalization program that reduced over 70% of service agreements and forms.
The document management systems market gained a competitive edge in recent years. It consists of several major players. In terms of market share, a few of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with the increasing demand to maintain the rapidly growing patient records has enabled companies to innovate and provide strategic document management systems. Many of the companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts by tapping into new markets.
– Mar 2020 – Hyland added new capabilities to its Document Filters product offering, launching three separate updates in the last six months. Each release aims to add additional file formats – pursuing its goal of providing the most complete filtering toolkit that can process all the files that an organization encounters in a typical day. With the recent releases, Hyland now supports more than 550 file formats, of which, over 75 are supported for high-definition renditions.
– Feb 2020 – Agiloft announced the addition of its new Agiloft AI Engine, complete with prebuilt AI capabilities for contract management and an open AI integration that allows customers to incorporate custom-built AI tools into the no-code-platform.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Emergence of paperless offices
4.2.2 Growing trend towards digitization further driven by adoption of remote work environment
4.2.3 Demand from the Healthcare domain due to ongoing measures to digitize records in emerging markets
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Security, Privacy & Migration challenges
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.4.1 Blockchain expected to have a transformative impact on the overall industry, with several vendors focusing on commercializing key use-cases
4.5 Impact of COVID-19 on the Document Management Market
4.5.1 Need for a centralized data storage and retrieval system has never been greater given the shift to remote work environments
4.5.2 Organizations increasingly looking to opt for a single vendor rather than a fragmented stack to avoid integration challenges
4.5.3 DMS vendors increasingly focusing on SMEs to leverage their solution portfolio
4.6 Key trends and innovations in DMS
4.7 Industry Ecosystem Analysis
4.8 Industry Attractiveness Model – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Mode of Deployment
5.1.1 Cloud-based DMS
5.1.2 On-premise DMS
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Banking & Financial Services
5.2.4 Other End-user Industries (Retail, Education, Manufacturing, etc.)
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Open Text Corporation
6.1.2 IBM Corporation
6.1.3 Microsoft Corporation (Sharepoint)
6.1.4 Oracle Corporation
6.1.5 Hyland Software
6.1.6 Alfresco Software Inc.
6.1.8 Newgen Software Technologies Limited
6.1.9 Altirnao Inc (Aodocs)
6.1.11 Agiloft, Inc.
6.1.12 Scrypt Inc.
6.1.13 Synergis Technologies LLC
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS