• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥467,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥522,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥825,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The environmental sensors market was valued at USD 1.40 billion in 2020, and it is expected to register a CAGR of over 9.25% during the forecast period (2021-2026), to reach a value of USD 2.17 billion, by 2026. With the increase in pollution year-on-year, due to increased air-travel and automobiles, etc., the environmental sensors market is expected to witness significant growth opportunities in the future. This is supplemented by the growth of Industry 4.0, which is creating a market for environmental sensors.
– Further, with the Industry 4.0 developments, environmental sensors are expected to reap the benefits of multiple automation and smart city initiatives, collectively. For instance, machine-to-machine (M2M) is expected to include interaction between technologies (such as factory floor sensors), to enhance the manufacturing processes and safety.
– In January 2019, Omron Electronics developed 2JCIE-BL01-P1 Sensor Development Kit, with sensors, wireless connectivity, and onboard memory, for environmental monitoring in smart homes, offices, and many other environments. The kit has sensors for temperature, humidity, light, UV exposure, barometric pressure, sound noise, and Bluetooth. This sensor notifies about the environmental changes and uncomfortable conditions.
– The environmental sensor market is fueled by the growing number of government initiatives for curbing environmental pollution. For instance, the Indian government has announced INR 637 crore worth National Clean Air Program, to improve the air quality in India.
– However, lack of awareness, budgetary constraints to adopting new technology and regularity models are identified as the restraints for the growth of environmental sensing.
Key Market Trends
Smart Homes Initiatives to Drive the Environmental Sensors Market
– Smart home movement, along with the green building initiative, aims at reducing carbon footprint, saving on energy and water consumption, adopting renewable energy systems, and providing a visually and thermally comfortable indoor environment.
– According to the Worlds Resources Institute, buildings consume water and electricity, which is one-third of the global energy consumption, along with the raw materials used in their construction. The concept of green building is gaining recognition due to government regulations and consumers demand.
– To support the growth of green buildings, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), is the most widely used green building rating system in the world. LEED certification is a globally recognized symbol of sustainability achievement. According to LEED, the number of registrations is increasing year-on-year, which implies that the concept of green building is growing, which, in turn, will help the environmental sensor market to grow.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Register the Highest Growth Rate
– The Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing economic region in the world. The region is witnessing the rapid proliferation of smart technologies, such as smart cities, autonomous vehicles, IoT applications, home automation, industrial automation, intelligent processing technologies, and others. Such factors are expected to drive market growth.
– Further, according to Schneider,” The smart homes market is fast evolving in the Indian context”. Initially, smart homes were marketed primarily as homes with advanced security features. The market is now evolving into newer areas, like lighting systems, gas leakage detectors, fire detection systems, entertainment systems, and energy efficiency systems. Therefore, the growth of smart homes will lead to a positive outlook in the environmental sensors market.
– Moreover, increasing government initiatives to control environmental pollution levels, increasing government funding for pollution control and monitoring, ongoing installations of environment monitoring stations, and growing initiatives for the development of environment-friendly industries are some key factors driving the growth of the global market.
– For instance, in January 2019, India launched the much-anticipated National Clean Air Program (NCAP), which provided a roadmap to prevent, control, and reduce unhealthy air pollution. The NCAP is expanding the national air quality monitoring network, building capacity for air pollution management, and strengthening public awareness about the dangers of air pollution.
The environmental sensors market is highly competitive because of the presence of many major players in the market. The leading companies operating in the environmental sensors market are AMS AG, Powelectrics Limited, Texas Instruments Inc., Omron Corporation, Honeywell International, Bosch Sensortec, and Texas Instruments. Key players in the environmental sensor market are catering to the demand by collaborating, innovating, acquiring small players, and investing in a technologically-advanced product portfolio, across the world.
– November 2018 – Omron introduced a USB version of its multi-function Environmental Sensor (2JCIE-BU01) that quickly allows designers to monitor several parameters. This sensor can accumulate data for approximately three months (based on a communication frequency of once every 5 mins) and connect to multiple devices, such as smartphones, via Bluetooth 5.0.
– April 2018 – Sensirion introduced SGPC3, the ultra-lower gas sensor, which manages indoor air quality detecting for mobile and battery-driven applications. The mobile devices using these sensors could measure indoor air quality, determine the alcohol content on an individual’s breath, or recognize smells.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Government Initiatives for Pollution Monitoring and Control
4.3.2 Development of Environment-friendly Industries
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Weak Pollution Control Reforms
4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Sensing Type
5.3 By End-user
5.3.2 Consumer Electronics
5.3.5 Other End-users
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 AMS AG
6.1.2 Powelectrics Limited
6.1.3 Raritan Inc.
6.1.4 Texas Instruments Inc.
6.1.5 Sensirion Holding AG
6.1.6 Eurotech SpA
6.1.7 Omega Engineering Inc.
6.1.8 Nesa SRL
6.1.9 Eko Instruments BV
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS