• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年1月
|Single User||￥454,750 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥508,250 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥802,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The flip chip technology market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.74% over the forecast period of 2021-2026. Being a technologically driven market, manufacturers are mainly focusing on innovations and on new technologies for the bumping process, which in turn is increasing the demand for raw materials required for manufacturing.
– This leads to rapid growth in this industry among raw material suppliers. Its primary advantages over other packaging methods namely, reliability, size, flexibility, performance and cost are the factors driving the growth of the flip-chip market. Availability of flip-chip raw materials, equipment and services is further expected to drive the market lucratively during the forecast period.
– Moreover, the growth of the market is attributed to its numerous advantages, such as smaller-size, higher- performance, and enhanced I/O flexibility over its competitive methodologies. The demand for flip chip is expected to rise in mobile and wireless, consumer applications, and other high-performance applications such as networks, servers and data centers. In terms of 3D integration and more than Moore approach, flip chip is one of the key driving factor and helps enable sophisticated SoC (System on Chip).
– Due to the strong growth in MMIC (monolithic microwave IC), the market is growing as MMIC are devices that operate at microwave frequencies (300 MHz to 300 GHz). These devices typically perform functions, such as microwave mixing, power amplification, low-noise amplification, and high-frequency switching.
– Fan-Out wafer-level packaging and Embedded die are some of the fastest emerging technologies for flip-chip market. Further, some of the prominent vendors are increasing their investment in these technologies, thereby expanding their scope.
– Recently, in March 2019, MACOM Technology Solutions Inc. (MACOM), one of the leading suppliers of semiconductor solutions, announced the availability of production versions of its four-channel (4 x 100G) 56/106 Gbit PAM-4 linear transimpedance amplifiers (TIAs) optimized for use in 400G optical modules targeting cloud data center applications. The new MATA-03820 is available in flip chip for fast, flexible deployment in single-lambda optical modules.
– COVID-19 has severely affected the market growth. This is due to shift of consumer purchasing behavior towards essential goods such as groceries, from luxury good such as consumer electronics and vehicles. The suuply chain was also affected, thus slowing down the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Military and Defense Industry to Drive the Market Growth
– Modern military and defense environments require proven, reliable and scalable technologies. Sensors are a critical part of the technologies as these provide solutions to the whole defense ecosystem, including complex controls, measurements, monitoring and execution.
– For military requirements, the need to cool components down to 50 K has led to the development of a technology based on indium microbumps. The sensor content of military systems continue to grow, thereby driving requirements for Flip Chip Technology in military computing platforms.
– For any radar, packaging and assembly are the keys to a successful implementation. As radar applications proliferate, cost becomes critical. For millimeter wave automotive and UAV cost and packaging are being addressed. Single chip radars and multi-channel T/R modules are becoming feasible.
– For example, a SiGe transmit-receive phased-array chip for automotive radar applications at 76 to 84 GHz has been developed. The chip uses a controlled collapse chip connection (C4) bumping process and is flip-chipped onto a low cost printed circuit board, achieving 50 dB isolation between the transmit and receive chains. This work represents state-of-the-art complexity for a high performance FMCW radar at millimeter wave frequencies, with simultaneous transmit and receive operation.
– Due to the increasing complexities and higher performance, pin count, power, and cost requirements of military applications, the packaging industry is moving toward high-performance packages, such as flip chip or wafer-level fan-out packaging, for military and defense by deploying GPS, and radar applications. The use of flip chip technology for this type of application has proven itself, in many applications, to be a reliable packaging technology to achieve high- density electronics.
– Recently, Qorvo, a leading provider of innovative RF solutions has been awarded a three-year contract to further advance the development of copper-pillar- on-GaN flip-chip technology. This Department of Defense (DoD) program will create a high-yield domestic foundry to mature the copper flip assembly process, which enables vertical die stacking in space- constrained phased array radar systems and other defense electronics.
China Occupies the Significant Market Share
– The packaging industry in China is expected to register potential growth during the forecast period. There is a strong demand for IC components, which has expanded the deployment of advanced packaging solutions that offer higher levels of integration and higher numbers of I/O connections.
– The Chinese government’s initiative of “Made in China 2025” aims to make its semiconductor industry reach to USD 305 billion in output by 2030, and meeting 80% of domestic demand. China is ramping up its chip industry amid a brewing tech war. The U.S.-China trade war and the threat that Chinese firms could be cut off from American technology(as major firms like Huawei) is boosting China’s push for its semiconductor industry.
– The flip-chip market includes bumping & assembly, and there is enormous ramping of bumping capacity by Chinese players, particularly in 12” Cu pillar. More than 90% of advanced packaging players have 300mm wafer bumping capability. In 2019, Chinese electronics company Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology (JCET) started high-volume wafer bumping. The company has moved into volume production with its new 12-inch wafer bumping line. Production volumes are already being shipped to China-based JCET customers with several additional device manufacturers qualifying the line for shipments.
– Automotive, wireless, computing and other devices have already been qualified on this new bumping line which has now become an integral part of JCETs advanced flip chip packaging offerings. Recently, iPhone maker Foxconn announced that it will invest on chip development in China. Foxconn is a major iPhone producer in China and so making a chip development plant in the country by investing a total of CNY60 billion (USD 8.6 billion) in the project.
– Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all the manufacturing industries and bases are affected in China due to the long lasting shutdown in the country thereby affecting the flip chip technology market. Moreover, the Chinese testing and packaging companies continue to gain processing capacity for high-end packaging technologies (e.g., flip-chip and bumping) and more advanced (e.g., fan-in, fan-out, 2.5D interposer, and SiP).
– Owing to the progress in both technology development and Merger and Acquisitions, Chinese service providers, such as JCET, TSHT, and TFME, are projected to rise above the industry’s average in their revenue performances this year with double-digit growth rates.
The flip chip market is fragmenting due to the growing number of end users in automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics. The market is expected to grow with a fair steady rate over the forecast period. The existing players in the market are striving to maintain a competitive edge by catering to newer technologies, such as 5G telecommunication, high-performance data centers, compact electronic devices, etc. Some of the recent developments in the market are –
– In Aug 2019 – Globalfoundries announced that it has taped-out an Arm-based 3D high-density test chip that may enable a new level of system performance and power efficiency for computing applications such as AI/ML and high-end consumer mobile and wireless solutions
– In Apr 2019 – UTAC Holdings Ltd secured a license for relevant patents relating to imaging ball grid array (iBGA) packaging technology from a patent licensing company. UTAC and its affiliates now have full rights to produce, use, and sell products utilizing iBGA packaging technology that is claimed in the licensed patents.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Demand for Wearable Devices
5.1.2 Strong Growth in MMIC (Monolithic Microwave IC) Applications
5.2 Market Challenge
5.2.1 Higher Costs Associated with the Technology
6 TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Wafer Bumping Process
7.1.1 Copper Pillar
7.1.2 Tin-Lead Eutectic Solder
7.1.3 Lead Free Solder
7.1.4 Gold Stud Bumping
7.2 By Packaging Technology
7.2.1 BGA (2.1D/2.5D/3D)
7.3 By Product (only qualitative analysis)
7.3.2 Light Emitting Diode
7.3.3 CMOS Image Sensor
7.4 By End User
7.4.1 Military and Defense
7.4.2 Medical and Healthcare
7.4.3 Industrial Sector
7.4.5 Consumer Electronics
7.5.3 United States
7.5.4 South Korea
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Amkor Technology Inc.
8.1.2 UTAC Holdings Ltd
8.1.3 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
8.1.4 Chipbond Technology Corporation
8.1.5 TF AMD Microlectronics Sdn Bhd
8.1.6 Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
8.1.7 Powertech Technology Inc.
8.1.8 ASE Industrial Holding Ltd. (Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd)
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET