• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年5月20日
|Single User||￥484,500 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥541,500 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥855,000 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Global Silicon Carbide Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 16% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively impacted due to COVID-19 in 2020. The disruption in global supply chain coupled with reduced demand from various end-user industries has negatively impacted the demand of silicon carbide. Global automotive industry witnessed a decline in sales in 2020 which was appromixately 78 million units, much below than 90.4 million units sold in 2019. Additionally, reduced demand from other industries such as aerospace and defense, electronics industry, etc. owing to work stoppages, suply chain disruptions and labour shortages, has impacted the demand of silicon carbide. However, the condition is expected to recover in 2021, which will restore the growth trajectory of market studied over the forecast period.
– Over the medium term, major factors driving the market studied are strong demand from the steel manufacturing & steel processing industry and rapidly growing demand from the electronics industry.
– On the flip side, high material and fabrication costs and negative impact of COVID-19 pandemic are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
– Rising penetration of electric vehicles is expected to offer various opportunities for the growth of the market.
– By application, electronics and semiconductor segment is expected to dominate the market owing to the properties offered by silicon carbide such as outstanding power switching frequency, performance and power rating as compared to silicon.
– Asia-Pacific region dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in Electronics and Semiconductor Segment
– Silicon carbide is a semiconductor containing silicon and carbon. Grains of silicon carbide can be molded together to form very hard ceramics that are used in applications requiring high endurance.
– Silicon carbide is widely used in manufacturing semiconductors owing to its properties like the ability to work at high temperature or high voltage or both and reduced form factor.
– The declining semiconductor sector registered a positive growth in 2020, owing to robust demand from data centers, consumer electronics manufacturing, as employees of many sectors preferred work from home option throughout 2020. According to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), the global semiconductor industry sales stood at USD 439.0 billion in 2020, registering an increase of 6.5% compared to the 2019 total of USD 412.3 billion. Furthermore, global sales for the month of December 2020 were USD 39.2 billion, an increase of 8.3% compared to December 2019 and 2.0% less than the total from November 2020.
– In North America, especially in the United States, the electronics industry is expected to grow at a moderate rate. An increase in the demand for new technological products is expected to help the market expand in the future.
– The German electronic industry is Europe’s biggest and the fifth-largest, globally. The electrical and electronics industry accounted for 11% of the total German industrial production and about 3% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP).
– The United Kingdom is the largest European market for high-end consumer electronics products, with about 18,000 UK-based electronics companies in the market.
– Furthermore, the demand for smart consumer electronics is growing exponentially across the globe creating opportunities for the silicon carbide market to grow.
– Owing to all the above-mentioned factors for silicon carbide, its market is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
– Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for silicon carbide during the forecast period. In countries like China, India and Japan owing to the increasing demand of advance and upgraded technology across various sectors including electronics, automotive and defense, the demand for silicon carbide has been increasing in the region.
– The region is dominating the semiconductor market which is supported by government policies owing to which the demand for silicon carbide is projected to further increase.
– China is one of the major consumers of semiconductors, and it is trying to ramp up the semiconductor production. In 2019, Beijing, the capital of China, highlighted semiconductors as a key area of the Made in China 2025 plan, a government initiative that aimed to boost the production of higher-value products. China is aiming to produce 70% of the semiconductors it uses by 2025.
– According to the reports of Department of Electronics and Information Technology, over 2000 semiconductor chips are designed in India every year. The increasing production of semiconductors will propel the silicon carbide market in the near future.
– The India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) signed a MoU with the Singapore Semiconductor Industry Association (SSIA) to establish and develop trade and technical cooperation between the electronics and semiconductor industries of both the countries. This is expected to result in the development of various break-through semiconductor manufacturing technologies that would further increase the scope for the consumption of silicon carbide in semiconductor manufacturing in India.
– The government launched new schemes to promote electronics production in India, Scheme for Promotion of Manufacturing of Electronic Components and Semiconductors (SPECS) and the scheme for modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC 2.0) along side Production Linked Incentive (PLI). According to PLI scheme the government is likely to offer incentives as manufacturers increase production in India, with USD 5.5 billion available over five years. This is likely to boost the production of electronics in the country.
– Furthermore, the growing steel industry in countries like India and China is anticipated to drive the market of silicon carbide as it is used as a deoxidizing agent in the steel industry and is a major raw material in refractories production.
– The demand for silicon carbide power modules like inverters and MOSFET is increasing in the electric vehicles as power inverters play a major role in efficient energy management in electric vehicles. Usage of MOSFET can save energy losses and result in increased electric vehicle performance.
– Moreover, in May 2020, China announced 6.6% increase in its defense budget to about USD 178.2 billion. The country’s recent plans are to build a fully modern military on par with the United States by 2027. The country has been investing on modernization of aircraft carriers and shealth aircrafts in the past few years. Moreover, it plans to increase the number of aircraft carriers to about five to six all around the world, including Beijing’s backyard the South China Sea (SCS).
– The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for silicon carbide during the forecast period.
The Silicon Carbide market is fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Some key players in the market include Saint-Gobain, AGSCO Corp, ESD-SIC bv, CUMI EMD., and Entegris.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Strong Demand from Steel Manufacturing and Steel Processing Industry
4.1.2 Rapidly Growing Demand from Electronics Industry
4.2.1 High Material and Fabrication Cost
4.2.2 Negative Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Revenue)
5.1.1 Green SiC
5.1.2 Black SiC
5.2.1 Steel Manufacturing
5.2.4 Aerospace & Defense
5.2.5 Electronics & Semiconductor
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AGSCO Corp
6.4.2 Cree, Inc
6.4.3 CUMI EMD.
6.4.5 ESD-SIC bv
6.4.6 ESK-SIC GmbH
6.4.7 Fuji Electric Co., Ltd
6.4.8 GE (GENERAL ELECTRIC)
6.4.9 Hongwu International Group Ltd
6.4.10 Infineon Technologies AG
6.4.11 KYOCERA Corporation
6.4.13 Renesas Electronics Corporation
6.4.14 ROHM CO., LTD
6.4.16 SNAM Group
6.4.18 TOSHIBA ELECTRONIC DEVICES & STORAGE CORPORATION
6.4.20 WASHINGTON MILLS
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rising Penetration of Electric Vehicles
7.2 Other Opportunities