• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2021年5月25日
|Single User||￥548,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User||￥612,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥967,500 (USD7,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The Global Green Petroleum Coke and Calcined Petroleum Coke Market are projected to register a CAGR of less than 6% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on economic activity; a deep and potentially extended recession appears to be a foregone conclusion. The market is significantly impacted by the slowdown in industrial activities due to lockdown and curfew situations across the globe. Global aluminum demand has already been slashed, with the automotive and aerospace industries bearing the brunt of the fallout, thus decreasing the demand for green petroleum coke and calcined petroleum coke. With the decrease in Oil and gas revenues, a number of key producers are expected to fall by 50 to 85 percent in 2020 compared to 2019, according to the International Energy Agency, though the losses could be greater depending on future market developments.
However, countries like China recovered from COVID-19 and have become the world’s largest producer and importer of primary metal this year. According to International Aluminum Institute, annualized run-rates surpassed 39.0 million tonnes for the first time ever in November 2020. Owing to all these factors, COVID-19 negatively impacted the market and is likely to recover during the forecast period.
– In the medium term, the major factor driving the market is increasing aluminum production for industrial activities.
– On the flip side, the outbreak of COVID-19 is likely to hinder the growth of the market studied.
– Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with robust demand from various applications, such as fuel, aluminum, iron and steel, and silicon metal, among others in nuerous industries.
Key Market Trends
Aluminum Segment to Drive the Market Growth
– The global demand for primary aluminum is being fuelled by increasing focus toward lightweight construction in the automotive industry coupled with the booming aerospace industry.
– Last year, global aluminum output increased by 2.5 percent to a record 65.3 million tonnes, with producers increasing run-rates as the price of aluminum recovered from its March lows.
– The increasing pressure to utilize lightweight materials, in order to protect the environment is expected to drive the growth of aluminum in the automotive sector.
– However, the COVID-19 pandemic created a decline in the automobile industry thus affecting the market studied. According to OICA (International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers), global production of vehicles in 2020 was around 77.6 million a significant decrease compared to the production in 2019 which is around 92.1 million. This condition is likely to recover gradually in 2021 and is likely to improve during the forecast period.
– Moreover, growing construction activities in the Asia-Pacific region especially in ASEAN countries, increased adoption of new technology, and innovative construction procedures are some of the factors driving the growth of the market studied.
– In the light of megatrends, such as electro-mobility and additive manufacturing, new applications involving aluminum materials are increasingly used at a higher pace.
– Although aluminum is facing strong competition from other materials, such as plastic composites, yet its growth areas are expected to remain larger in comparison to its substitute areas.
– The increasing focus towards energy-saving cars and aluminum’s excellent reusability, which allows the energy invested in its production to be entirely reclaimed, is expected to increase aluminum consumption in the coming years.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
– Globally, China and India are one of the major consumers of petroleum coke. Historically, China has produced around 25 million metric tons of pet-coke annually, half of which is anode-grade. Chinese smelters used around 4.0-4.5 Mt of higher-sulfur coke as fuel until 2016.
– However, due to strict environmental norms, the consumption of fuel-grade coke decreased reasonably. The country adapted to the recognized industry standard of three percent sulfur as the cut-off point. The country is finding it more challenging to source CPC, due to low supply and high demand for low-sulfur coke from Chinese smelters.
– Further, the Chinese government’s decision to expand its tariff program in retaliation with the United States includes a new 25% tariff on thermal and metallurgical coal, as well as fuel-grade and calcined petroleum coke (CPC).
– China continues to be the primary driver of growth in the aluminum industry, and e-mobility is a major factor.
– China is the global leader in the electric car market. The Chinese government is providing strong financial and non-financial incentives to boost electric car sales. In April 2020, the Ministry of Finance of the People’s Republic of China has issued a notice on ways to promote financial subsidies for new electric vehicles. It stated that new EVs purchased between January 1, 2021, and December 31, 2022, would be exempted from vehicle purchase tax.
– New applications are coming up, such as pedestrian bridges, aluminum formwork, and aluminum furniture, which is also likely to be an additional source of aluminum consumption growth, which in turn will aid in driving the petroleum coke market through the forecast period.
– In response to rising local prices, China’s massive aluminum smelting sector increased annualized production by 1.8 million tonnes in the second half of 2020.
– The demand is likely to recover during 2021 as well, as economic performance and demand are likely to recover by the post-COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
The market for green petroleum coke and calcined petroleum coke is partially consolidated with the top five players accounting for a significant share of the market. Some of the major players in the market include Oxbow Corporation, Rain Carbon Inc., bp America, Phillips 66 Company, and Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C. (Alba), amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Aluminum Application
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Impact of COVID-19 on Industrial Activities
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Fuel Grade
5.1.2 Calcined Coke
5.2.1 Green Petroleum Coke
22.214.171.124 Iron and steel
126.96.36.199 Silicon Metal
188.8.131.52 Others (Bricks, Glass, Carbon Products, etc)
5.2.2 Calcined Petroleum Coke
184.108.40.206 Titanium dioxide
220.127.116.11 Re-carburizing Market
18.104.22.168 Others (Needle Coke, Carbon Products, etc)
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 ASEAN Countries
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C. (Alba)
6.4.2 BP plc
6.4.3 CNOOC Limited
6.4.4 ELSID S.A.
6.4.7 Phillips 66 Company
6.4.8 Rain Carbon Inc.
6.4.9 Rio Tinto
6.4.10 Oxbow Corporation
6.4.11 Zhenjiang Coking And Gas Group Co., Ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS