• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2022年1月
|Single User||￥641,250 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Site Licence||￥877,500 (USD6,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,181,250 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
・競争状況（Thales Group、Hensoldt Inc.、Detect Inc.、…）
The commercial airport radar systems market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period (2020 – 2025).
- Runway incursions pose a great threat to aircraft and human safety. Hence, aviation authorities around the world are constantly working to reduce the number of incursions that take place annually. In India, the bird hit and animal strike rate has increased steadily over the years, with 1244 animal and bird strikes in 2018, up from 719 in 2014. Innovations in surface movement radars that keep track of vehicular traffic, human movement, etc., are supporting the growth of the commercial airport radar systems market.
- The rapid development of aviation infrastructure in developing economies, such as India and China, due to the increased air traffic that resulted from a rising standard of living and low airfares, is propelling the airport and runway development, and subsequently, the market for commercial airport radar systems.
- The surveillance radars segment is witnessing several innovations, such as incorporaton of 3D technology, augmented reality for better situational awareness, etc. In Jauary 2020, ENAIRE installed an air surveillance radar at Mallorca Island, with an investment of about USD 1.2 million. The radar is equipped with the cutting-edge technology that provides information on aircraft altitude, air traffic, system malfunctioning in an aircraft, and other parameters in adverse weather conditions as well.
Key Market Trends
Weather Radars Segment is Expected to Witness Significant Growth During the Forecast Period
The use of weather radars in airports has been of much importance, due to the requirement for monitoring weather conditions as they might hamper airlines’ operations. If the weather conditions are not monitored, landing and take-off operations may be affected, which may risk the lives of passengers. Due to the rise in pollution levels in major cities across the world, flight diversions and cancelations have become a common incident due to low visibility arising due to smog. Storms and low clouds are the other prominent factors that affect the safety of aircraft and passengers. For example, in January 2018, US Airlines canceled more than 1,100 flights, and more than 3,000 flights were grounded due to a massive storm, stranding thousands of passengers, while low visibility and strong winds diverted dozens of other flights. In February 2019, several flights by British Airways and Etihad were canceled due to strong winds and low visibility due to the storm, Ciara. Similarly, there were many more incidents, where due to bad weather, scheduled airplanes were canceled. Innovations in weather radars, such as the combination of dual-polarization radar and Doppler LiDAR Low-Level Wind Shear Alert System (LLWAS), are generating information that can be reliably used in predicting precipitation, crosswind tracking, de-icing operations, etc. The aforementioned factors are driving the market growth for weather radars. Also, the construction of several new airports in Asia-Pacific and the Middle-East may generate demand for airport weather radars in the coming years.
Asia-Pacific is Anticipated to Exhibit the Highest Growth Rate During the Forecast Period
The rapid development of aviation infrastructure in economies, such as India and China, is propelling the growth of the commercial airport radar systems market in the region. The development of new airports in the region is fueling the demand for the latest commercial airport radar systems. The air traffic in the region is increasing, owing to the rise in the standard of living and the decreasing cost of air travel. China’s aviation industry is expected to become the largest in the world by 2030. By 2035, the Civil Aviation Administration of China aims to construct over 200 new airports to reach its target of 450 airports. India is also witnessing a constant increase in air traffic and aircraft movements. In 2019, CSI Airport Mumbai bought new air traffic and surveillance enhancement radars for USD 2.12 million. Jaipur International Airport also received Approach Surveillance Radar and Monopulse Secondary Surveillance Radars to upgrade the airport’s capability of handling up to 30 flights per hour. China Electronics Technology Group Corporation developed a new weather radar for Beijing Daxing Airport, which has nearly 500 times faster scanning speed than ordinary radars and continuous operational time of 3,000 hours. The airport also received an advanced millimeter-wave cloud radar developed by China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation. The new radar is capable of detecting adverse weather conditions and surveillance within 60 kmof airport radius. Such developments are expected to drive the commercial airport radar systems market in Asia-Pacific during the forecast period.
The commercial airport radar systems market is moderately fragmented, and it is marked by the presence of several global players that generate revenues through their capabilities and innovations that help them secure orders from the growing aviation infrastructure development market. Players in the market focus on increased collaborations to produce state-of-the-art technologies to customers at reasonable rates. The market is driven by high investments in innovation by major players. Also, international exporters need to get clearance from various official security and purchasing authorities of the buyer country, in order to sell their products and systems.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Surveillance Radars
5.1.2 Surface Movement Radars
5.1.3 Precision Approach Radars
5.1.4 Weather Radars
5.2.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Thales Group
6.2.2 Hensoldt Inc.
6.2.3 Detect Inc.
6.2.4 ELDIS Pardubice SRO
6.2.5 Raytheon Technologies Corporation
6.2.6 NEC Corporation
6.2.8 Indra Sistemas SA
6.2.9 Easat Radar Systems Limited
6.2.10 Leonardo SpA
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS