• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2022年1月
|Single User||￥612,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Site Licence||￥838,500 (USD6,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,128,750 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
・競争状況（AstraZeneca Plc、Gilead Sciences, Inc、Novartis AG、…）
The Coronary Artery Disease Therapeutics Market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period. Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) also known as ischemic heart disease (IHD) and coronary heart diseases (CHD) is a disease in which there is a narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries due to buildup of fatty material and plaque inside the coronary arteries. These fatty material and plaque can restrict blood flow to the heart muscle by physically clogging the artery or by causing abnormal artery tone and function. Without an adequate blood supply to the heart, the heart becomes starved of oxygen which may cause chest pain (angina), shortness of breath, or other coronary artery disease signs and symptoms. A complete blockage can cause a heart attack. Coronary artery disease is thought to begin with injury or damage to the inner layer of a coronary artery. Damage may be caused by various factors, such as Smoking, Sedentary lifestyle, diabetes or insulin resistance, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Some of the risk factors for coronary artery disease include age, sex, family history, obesity, and high stress among others.
According to the World Heart Federation, Coronary heart disease is now the leading cause of death worldwide. An estimated 3.8 million men and 3.4 million women die each year from coronary heart disease. In addition, 80% of the deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries.
Growing incidence and prevalence rate of hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, and obesity across the world, government initiatives to increase the awareness toward disease and increasing investment on research and development activity are the key driving factors in coronary artery disease therapeutics market.
Key Market Trends
Statins Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share in the Coronary Artery Disease Therapeutics Market
- Statin medications are drugs that help to lower cholesterol levels in the blood and prevent coronary heart disease. Statins are the first-line treatment of choice for patients with coronary heart disease and high cholesterol levels. Statins have additional benefits such as improvements in endothelial function, reduction in the amount of inflammation and damage done to cells through oxidation stress and prevention of platelet aggregation, thereby reducing the risk of a blood clot (thrombus).
- Statins segment holds a significant market share in the coronary artery disease therapeutics market and is anticipated to show a similar trend over the forecast period due to ability to reduce mortality and cardiovascular events in patients with coronary artery disease or at high risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Increasing incidences of chronic diseases especially in developed countries, and growing awareness regarding early diagnosis of diseases, are the key driving factors in the statins segment.
- According to the Heart Foundation, in Australia, Coronary heart disease (CHD) was the main cause for 160,400 hospitalizations in the years 2016-17. Furthermore, heart disease was a factor in nearly one in four deaths in the year 2017.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to hold a major market share in the global coronary artery disease therapeutics market due to the growing geriatric population, and increasing incidences of chronic diseases. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in the year 2017, coronary heart disease is the most common type of heart disease, killing approximately 365,914 people in the United States. Moreover, about 18.2 million adults age 20 and older have Coronary heart disease (CAD). Furthermore, high healthcare spending and presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure is also fueling the growth of the overall regional market to a large extent.
The Coronary Artery Disease Therapeutics Market is fragmented competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players are currently dominating the market. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are AstraZeneca Plc, Gilead Sciences, Inc, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc, Bayer AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Merck & Co., Inc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd and Mylan N.V.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Geriatric Population and Associated Increase in Incidences of Chronic Disease
4.2.2 Increasing Investment on R&D of Coronary Artery Disease Therapeutics
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Costs of Treatment
4.3.2 Reimbursement Issues
4.4 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Drug Class
5.1.3 Calcium Channel Blockers
5.1.4 ACE Inhibitors
5.1.5 Antiplatelet Drugs
5.2.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.2.5 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 AstraZeneca Plc
6.1.2 Gilead Sciences, Inc
6.1.3 Novartis AG
6.1.4 Pfizer Inc
6.1.5 Bayer AG
6.1.6 Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
6.1.7 GlaxoSmithKline Plc
6.1.8 Merck & Co., Inc
6.1.9 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
6.1.10 Mylan N.V.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS