• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2022年1月
|Single User||￥631,750 (USD4,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Site Licence||￥864,500 (USD6,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate License||￥1,163,750 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
・競争状況（ZF Friedrichshafen AG、Automotive Brake Engineering (ABE)、Continental AG、...）
The automotive brake caliper market is expected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecasted period (2020 – 2025)
- Increasing concerns towards vehicle safety, raise in the adoption of disc brakes in vehicles over drum brakes, and government vehicle safety norms combined with growth in vehicle production worldwide is expected to help the automotive brake caliper market to grow during the forecasted period.
- The shifting trend towards the lightweight and composite materials for the production of lighter vehicles for electric and hybrid vehicles and raising advanced braking systems for upcoming vehicles is expected to help the market grow. In 2019, almost 92 million motor vehicles were produced worldwide. China, Japan, and Germany were the largest producers of cars and commercial vehicles in 2019. The two-Wheeler motorcycle market is also growing, with a high annual growth rate. It generated a revenue of USD 133,390 million in 2019 and, because of customer preference is shifting towards disc brakes in two-wheelers, this would help the market grow further during the forecasted period.
- Global motor vehicle sales fell by four percentage in 2019, representing the second consecutive year of declining demand. Before the pandemic hit, it has been estimated that international car sales were on track to reach 80 million sales in 2020; however, as economic woes continue, demand for new motor vehicles is forecasted to be in the negative throughout 2020, but the sales are expected to increase rapidly during the later period of the forecasted period.
Key Market Trends
Fixed Brake Calipers Are Expected To Be In High Demand
The automotive brake caliper market is driven by research, development, and innovation as new technologies are being discovered for the manufacturing of reliable braking parts and components, which can be mounted with perfection in an automobile. Some key players such as Honda, BMW, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, and Nissan are aspiring to offer the best braking systems to help vehicles stop in minimum distance and time without any jerks and shocks to the passenger inside. 3-D printing and additive manufacturing have empowered manufacturers to produce complex parts and components. Growth in adventure sports and racing is expected to fuel the growth of the brake caliper market. Fixed brake calipers are expected to be in high demand as it offers the advantage of residual torque and weight reduction to the vehicles. The growing need for high performance and low carbon-emitting vehicles will fuel the need for fixed brake calipers. High pressure dies casting process is likely to gain significant momentum in the industry as it is extensively used in making steel calipers, in addition to raising production of vehicles across the globe is expected to increase usage of this process in the product.
Asia-Pacific is Expected To hold Major Share in the Market
The Chinese economy is growing, and the disposable income of middle-class consumers is also increasing. This, in turn, reflects positively on the growing demand for vehicles. Over the past five years, owing to the low production costs in the country, vehicle production has gone up drastically. Moreover, the Chinese government has also cut down the taxes on cars, to increase cars’ sales. China is also one of the largest exporters of automobiles and automotive components. The trend of increasing car production in this region is expected to boost market growth. Chinese automotive exports are heavily influenced by the global economy and environmental regulations. Recent changes in the rules across the world have had little impact on the growth rate of sales. In 2019, around 285,000 commercial vehicles and 725,000 passenger cars were exported from China. Since a few years back, China has been the world’s largest car production country. Over one-quarter of the global passenger cars were manufactured in China in 2018, exceeding the overall share of the European Union. In other car markets, Chinese car brands enjoy a significant advantage over imported cars from international automobile manufacturers. Thus, other developing countries and emerging markets were the main export destinations for Chinese vehicle exports. With rules and regulations changing around the world, demand for lightweight metals is increasing. China, the world’s biggest producer and consumer of aluminum churned out 2.97 million tonnes of metal in March 2020 alone. The production has increased by 2.3% year on year, this paired with low labor cost and high technology manufacturing; this market is expected to boom during the forecasted period.
The automotive brake caliper market is consolidated. Key market players in the automotive brake caliper market are Brembo, Continental AG, Robert Bosch, and ZF Friedrichshafen. This market is highly competitive and has many large and small scale manufacturers. Strategic agreements, new product developments, and collaboration have been adapted as the main strategies for business development. For instance,
- On 24th June 2020, Brembo and Polestar announced their collaboration to developed an aluminum brake caliper specifically designed for the Polestar 2.
- While Continental AG has released a new MK C1 brake which has proven to reduce CO2 emissions of hybrid vehicles by around 5 g/Kg.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Passenger Cars
5.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.2 By Caliper Type
5.3 By Piston Material Type
5.4 By End-User
5.5 By Geography
5.5.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.5.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5.4 Rest of the World
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Other Countries
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 ZF Friedrichshafen AG
6.2.2 Automotive Brake Engineering (ABE)
6.2.3 Continental AG
6.2.4 Brakes International
6.2.5 Brembo S.p.A.
6.2.6 Akebono Brake Corporation.
6.2.7 Centric Parts
6.2.8 Wilwood Engineering, Inc.
6.2.9 EBC Brakes.
6.2.10 Apec Braking
6.2.11 ATL Industries
6.2.12 Robert Bosch Gmbh
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS