• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2018年2月
|Single User（1名様用）||￥423,500 (USD3,850)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User（7名様用）||￥440,000 (USD4,000)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate User||￥907,500 (USD8,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The North America flexible packaging market was valued at USD 59.7 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach a value of USD 70.54 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 2.82%, over the forecast period (2018 – 2023).The scope of the market covers flexible packaging products including pouches, bags, and wraps.Increasing market demand for consumer-friendly packages and enhanced product protection is expected to have propelled flexible packaging as a viable and cost-effective alternative. Innovations in recent times have enabled the development of sustainable and customized flexible packaging solutions, and this has led to an unprecedented rise in the flexible packaging market.
Aluminum To Witness Greater Adoption
According to the Aluminum Association, the aluminum foil market is worth about USD 5 billion, which was accounted for only 16% in 2007. Though US exports of aluminum foil were up till 2013, the robust domestic demand for aluminum has caused an increase in aluminum foil import from China, whose foil shipments to the United States have increased almost tenfold, accounting to around 265 million pounds, in the last decade. The growing urban population, coupled with the increasing number of households, have been instrumental in bolstering the growth of usage of aluminum packaging for household care, personal care, and cosmetic market in the region.
The food industry accounts for around 5% of the country’s GDP and is still growing, owing to the higher demand for packaged food. With Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)-specified guidelines for packaging of food products, aluminum finds its place in the list of approved materials or coatings that can be used safely. The US cheese shipments to China, South Korea, and Mexico increased by more than 25% each, and exports to Japan and Southeast Asia increased by 16% and 8%, respectively. Furthermore, the changing consumer lifestyles in the region, coupled with the growing demand for snack products, is driving the need for aluminum-packaged food products that offer an extended shelf life and sterility.
The United States To Hold The Largest Market Share
The United States consumer lifestyle trends are demanding convenience and portability of products, especially in the food sector. Flexible packaging companies in the United States need to comply with specific regulations like
• The Food, Drug & Cosmetics Act (FD&C)
• The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) & The Consumer Product Safety Act (CPSA)
• The Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA)
• The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
As per flexible packaging association of United States, flexible packaging is the second largest packaging segment in the country with almost 20% share in the market. Flexible packaging is mainly used for food, which contributed for 60% of the shipments in total. The U.S flexible packaging industry is witnessing a healthy growth, owing to the unique solutions provided for many packaging challenges. While considering the full life cycle of flexible packaging, it has superior sustainability attributes including using less material, less energy and creating less GHG emissions and waste.
Increased Demand For Convenient Packaging
According to Flexible Packaging Association of the United States (FPA), it was reported that an increasing number of brand owners are expected to shift toward using flexible consumer packaging for an expanding number of products compared to rigid packaging. Nearly one-third of survey participants said that over the forecast period, they are likely to switch to a combination of mostly or entirely flexible packaging.
Flexible packaging is preferred by both consumers and producers owing to its advantages over rigid packaging. One of the significant benefits for the manufacturer and retailer is the reduced weight of the packaging, which results in reduced shipping and warehousing costs while simultaneously creating more space on store shelves. For instance, in soups, new flexible options in tin cans lower the weight to 4% when compared to tin cans, which represent 40% of the total packaging of the product. As a result, it is expected that more products trend toward flexible packaging. Thus, driving manufacturers in the region to shift to flexible packaging to cater to the consumer demand for convenient packaging.
The key players in this market include Amcor Ltd., Bemis Company Inc., Berry Plastics Corporation, Sealed Air Corporation, Mondi Group, Sonoco Products Company, American Packaging Corporation, Coveris Holdings SA, Novolex Holdings Inc, and Winpak Ltd.
Key Developments in the Market
• November 2017 – Berry Global Group acquired Clopay Plastic Products Company, Inc., a subsidiary of Griffon Corporation for USD 475 million. The company is aimed at expanding the Berry’s footprint by leveraging Clopay’s markets across the globe with locations in the United States, Germany, Brazil, and China.
• December 2017 – Novolex announced to acquire certain assets and business operations of Shields Bag and Printing Co., a prominent manufacturer of custom engineered flexible packaging products. Shields’ core focus is providing custom engineered products to a diverse group of customers across a range of end-market segments, including building and construction, food and consumer, banking and security, lawn and garden, chemicals and energy, and general industrial. The acquisition is aimed at complementing the Novolex’s flexible packaging portfolio.
• January 2018- Amcor has pledged to develop all its packaging to be recyclable or reusable by 2025. And, has also planned to focus on significantly increasing its use of recycled materials and driving consistently more recycling of packaging around the world. This commitment is aimed at establishing the company as a leader in recyclable packaging.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• How the growing demand for convenient packaging act as a driver to the North American market scenario?
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• Which solutions and end-user vertical is expected to dominate the market?
• Which regions are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period?
• Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
• Three months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements.レポート目次
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increased Demand for Convenient Packaging
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Environmental Concerns
4.4 Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Technology Snapshot (FLEXOGRAPHY, ROTOGRAVURE, AND DIGITAL)
5. Global North America Flexible Packaging Market Segmentation
5.1 By Material
5.1.2 Flexible Foam
5.1.4 Aluminium Foil
5.2 By Product Type
5.3 By End-User Industry
5.3.3 Pharmaceutical & Medical
5.3.4 Household & Personal Care
5.4 By Country
5.4.1 United States
6. Competitive Intelligence
6.1 Amcor Ltd.
6.2 Bemis Company Inc.
6.3 Berry Plastics Corporation
6.4 Sealed Air Corporation
6.5 Mondi Group
6.6 Sonoco Products Company
6.7 American Packaging Corporation
6.8 Coveris Holdings SA
6.9 Novolex Holdings Inc
6.10 Silgan Holdings Inc.,
6.11 Winpak Ltd
7. Investement Analysis
8. Future of North America Flexible Packaging Market