• 出版社/出版日：Mordor Intelligence / 2018年5月14日
|Single User（1名様用）||￥463,250 (USD4,250)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Team User（7名様用）||￥490,500 (USD4,500)||▷ お問い合わせ|
|Corporate User||￥953,750 (USD8,750)||▷ お問い合わせ|
The global next-generation transistors market is expected to grow at a rate of 3.56% over the forecast period (2018 – 2023). The report is segmented by type into high electron mobility transistor (HEMT), bipolar junction transistor (BJT), field effect transistors (FET), multiple emitter transistor (MET), and dual gate metal oxide semiconductor field effective transistor, by end-user industry into aerospace & defense , industrial, telecommunications, and consumer electronics. The regions considered in the report include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America.
Technological Advancements Leading To Demand Increasing Device Densities
Manufacturers have to find suitable replacements for existing products to accommodate the consumer needs. Moore’s law has been in place for decades reducing the size of the wafer, while increasing the device density, this has been the way to cater to growing need for faster processing. The Tri-Gate transistor design released by Intel Corporation has laid the foundation for the development of better 3D-structured transistors that are capable of enhanced performance. This introduction of 3D to the design has led to vast improvements over the planar transistor structure. These advantages quantify themselves in the form of improved performance, reduced leakage current, huge increase in the device density, and a reduction in susceptibility of the transistor to charged particle single-event upsets. This decrease in size has led to an increase in the device density and upgraded the functional capacity of the chip. The ability to increase the number of devices in the chip influences performance of the complete system, while reducing the cost of each wafer.
Consumer Electronics Has the Highest Market Share
Transistors form an integral part of the majority of the consumer electronics sector. They have applications in many devices, from radios to smartphones, tablets, and notebooks. The newest smartphones in the market have about a billion transistors ensuring faster functioning of the device. The growth of smartphones is on a decline in the recent years, as it has already established itself as a matured market. The next-generation phones would be focused entirely on improving the performance of phones with better specifications. Integrating more transistors is expected to lead to smaller phones with faster processing, which caters perfectly to the consumer needs. Designing chips in a new way can increase the performance of consumer wearables by a long margin. Major transistor companies, such as SuVolta, have been involved in the field of research to improve the efficiency of transistors. Innovative techniques have been discovered to improve the next-generation transistors market, and the market has the potential to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
North America & Europe Holds the Major Market Share among Other Regions
There exists a very delicate scenario for the next – generation transistors market across the globe, at present. Next generation transistors entered the market very recently with limited applications, observed. The market for next generation transistors is dominated by North America and Europe, followed by Asia-Pacific. Approximately, half of the revenues of this market is generated by the companies based in North America. The region accounts for the highest number of applications of transistors, with the reason being region’s lion’s share of the market. The developing economies of China and Japan have huge manufacturing bases for electronics and hence, hold the potential to become major players in the transistors market.
Key Developments in the Market
• May 2017: Infineon technologies announced the Start of Mainstream SiC Adoption for tipping point for wide band gap technology signals. The past few years have been notable for the increased rate of investment in developing alternative semiconductor materials such as silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN). Further improvements in SiC transistor manufacturing costs in recent times signaled a watershed moment – the turning point for SiC power semiconductors to be successfully mass-produced and implemented in electronic designs for a wide range of applications. The lower price and increased availability of SiC has resulted in renewed demand from power designers who are under pressure to address legislative and commercial requirements for improved energy efficiency and to keep up with the never-ending expectations for system cost reduction that have been set.
The major players include – NXP SEMICONDUCTORS N.V., INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES AG, ST MICROELECTRONICS, TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC., AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD, FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR INTERNATIONAL, INC., VISHAY INTERTECHNOLOGY INC., MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INC., INTERNATIONAL RECTIFIER CORPORATION, POWER INTEGRATIONS INC., SAMSUNG SEMICONDUCTOR INC., TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING COMPANY, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES, INTEL CORPORATION, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Technological advancements leading to demand increasing device densities act as a driver to the global market scenario
• Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• Regions which are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.レポート目次
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Technology Advancements Leading to Demand for Increasing Device Densities
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Reducing Size Leads To Difficulties Associated with Leakage Current
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Model – Industry Attractiveness
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Next Generation Transistors Market Breakdown by Material
6.1 Laterally Diffused Metal Oxide Semiconductor (LDMOS)
6.2 Gallium Arsenide (GaAs)
6.3 Gallium Nitride (GaN)
6.4 Indium Arsenide (InAs)
6.5 Indium Phosphide (InP)
7. Next Generation Transistors Market Breakdown by Type
7.1 High Electron Mobility Transistor (HEMT)
7.2 Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT)
7.3 Field Effect Transistors (FET)
7.4 Multiple Emitter Transistor (MET)
7.5 Dual Gate Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effective Transistor
8. Next Generation Transistors Market Breakdown by End-user Industry
8.1 Aerospace & Defense
8.4 Consumer Electronics
9. Next-Generation Transistors Market Breakdown by geography
9.1 North America
9.4 Middle East & Africa
9.5 Latin America
10. Company Profiles of Next-Generation Transistors Market
10.1 NXP Semiconductors N.V.
10.2 Infineon Technologies AG
10.3 ST Microelectronics
10.4 Texas Instruments Inc.
10.5 Avago Technologies Ltd.
10.6 Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc.
10.7 Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
10.8 Microchip Technology, Inc.
10.9 International Rectifier Corporation
10.10 Power Integrations, Inc.
10.11 Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
10.12 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
10.14 Intel Corporation *List is not exhaustive
11. Investment Analysis
11.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
11.2 Investor Outlook
12. Future Outlook of Next-Generation Transistors Market